Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprint lane debate once and for all!!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    [QUOTE=aussiebreno;37624]http://www.harness.org.au/hra/pdfs/W...NAL-301014.pdf

One of key reasons people punt, including pros, is consistent track bias. With sprint lanes at a track it provides this consistency. Without sprint lanes there is no consistency in getting a run or not.

How does a sprint lane negate track bias? Track bias is where the track has been moved, a running rail put out across the normal track configuration, the weather conditions may promote a leader bias or swoopers bias as the track is not even under foot! If it's a prefect day, the sun is shining, the drivers have polished their helmets.....How does the sprint lane help all runners with getting a clear run? You have looked after the horse 2F & 3F, but what have you done for the rest?..........YILCH!.....you have now made it an uneven contest! I am still waiting for just one decent suggestion as to how you are going to compensate the other runners in a race, that don't have the luxury of the SL, to get a clear run?? Please tell me before I die from anticipation! OK, now you have the SL, and your 2F sprinter gets it's clear run along it...........Yahoo, how good is that!.......now, what about the runner drawn barrier10 for instance, that, fails to get a clear run (NCRVS), and this is verified by the stewards....I hope your with me to this point!......Are you prepared to give the punters that backed this horse a refund of their money???? Would not this be fair using your previous analogy of consistency!
    Steve you have also turned a blind eye to the argument PBD horses actually get use of the advantage of the draw.

The barrier draw is a completely different argument.........it does not matter what the barrier draw is, it is where runners end up after the start.....if you can't take advantage of the barrier what does it matter?.....if you decide to be 2F.....don't expect any special treatment, pull back out of the ways, stay off the fence in the first place!

Another concern of punters is the leader bias. Does the sprint lane not hamper that leader bias?[/QUOTE

Leader bias will always be there, the SL will only make leader bias even greater........Why, the psychology of the human mind!....the driver of the leaders will work out that if you only go slow, you will have the maximum energy levels available to run down the straight and hold off the SL'ers.....it will make the racing a joke! You only have to look at Redcliffe to see how the SL has ruined trotting.......the tracks have become larger, straights are longer, the opportunity to beat leaders has improved out of site! If a jockey at the gallops holds another runner in, he is proclaimed a "genius", The Messiah.........at the trots, that's not fair!

Once again....can someone show me where a sprint lane enhances the chances of all runners in a race???

aussiebreno

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    I therefore "assume"......you don't have an answer?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    Nothing that hasn't been said before in 20 pages or that you would see as worthwhile.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    Steve,
    the SL CANNOT enhance the chance of ALL runners, of course that is impossible.
    fact is it is provided in my opinion as stated somewhere before to ALLEVIATE the "perception" of YOUR mates who ask if theres a SL.
    So those tracks who alleviate that, get your buddies $$$, they seemingly don't bet, or as much on NON SL tracks because they PERCEIVE theres a chance they may not get a run.
    hence, SL's are doing their job in getting exactly your mates to bet rather than not to bet.
    no, its not "fair" to some others in the race, and what can we do about those coming wide to appease them of this? same thing you can do to appease them at tracks with no SL. Nuthin!
    but,
    "perception" has maybe worked its magic on your mates where SL's exist but regardless of SL, we can't compensate those drawn wide.
    SL's aren't perfect
    Not having SL's isn't perfect.
    the world is not perfect

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Forget I am posting this, for Ash's is probably a good post to finish up on - note he highlighted 'perception' which can sadly be as important as facts. Now back to the Wagering report to see if it mentions SL's even if it did not survey the average punter
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hahahahaha, Good one Breno

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Steve,
    the SL CANNOT enhance the chance of ALL runners, of course that is impossible.
    fact is it is provided in my opinion as stated somewhere before to ALLEVIATE the "perception" of YOUR mates who ask if theres a SL.
    So those tracks who alleviate that, get your buddies $$$, they seemingly don't bet, or as much on NON SL tracks because they PERCEIVE theres a chance they may not get a run.
    hence, SL's are doing their job in getting exactly your mates to bet rather than not to bet.
    no, its not "fair" to some others in the race, and what can we do about those coming wide to appease them of this? same thing you can do to appease them at tracks with no SL. Nuthin!
    but,
    "perception" has maybe worked its magic on your mates where SL's exist but regardless of SL, we can't compensate those drawn wide.
    SL's aren't perfect
    Not having SL's isn't perfect.
    the world is not perfect
    I am glad that it is finally acknowledged that a SL cannot help everybody! If we suppose to trial a SL are we serious, and what are we trying to achieve.....so it appears if 1 horse gets held up the punters are upset! To appease all, any SL should only be 100 metres long, so that drivers need to consider whether they wait for the run, or take the run on the outside if it presents itself.....driver ability.....don't just make it a lay down misere.......a 350 metre SL at Menangle....who wants to lead?

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Nothing that hasn't been said before in 20 pages or that you would see as worthwhile.

I have plenty more to contribute, unfortunately I can't get a response passed Point No.1!

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    Ballarat does not have a sprint lane and I have been led to believe that it is the highest turnover provincial track in Victoria.

If this can be confirmed it does point to sprint lanes being all about perception rather than reality particularly where turnover is concerned.

+ Reply to Thread