Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Remember a Better Strike Rate?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Anybody Remember a Better Strike Rate?

About 2 months into the season we have seen what seemd to be a more selective approach by Emma Stewarts' stable

The result is 15 winners from 25 starters = a 60% success rate

Has anything like this ever been achieved before?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    About 2 months into the season we have seen what seemd to be a more selective approach by Emma Stewarts' stable

The result is 15 winners from 25 starters = a 60% success rate

Has anything like this ever been achieved before?
    YES! Black Caviar 25 out of 25! = 100% strike rate!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Be Fair Steven - Moody did have other horses and I am talking about 25 races in bit under 2 months ( few starters compared to last season for Emma when she averaged 87 starters every 2 months)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Emma kept her 60% strike rate intact at Cranbourne tonight, winning 2 out of 3 to take her tally to 17 winners from 28 starters. She is only 4 behind David Aiken who has 3 times as many starters.
    I wonder where the rest of her stable has gone? (not that she needs them!)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    I reckon Stewart seems to have a lot of both high class and juvenile horses, if which the races aren't there for them this time if year.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Be Fair Steven - Moody did have other horses and I am talking about 25 races in bit under 2 months ( few starters compared to last season for Emma when she averaged 87 starters every 2 months)
    Sorry Kev, it just popped into my head, I didn't realize you meant trainers! The results are impressive, including last nights results added by Breno, that strike rate is now 60.7%. I'm glad you are keeping tabs on this sort of stuff!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I reckon Stewart seems to have a lot of both high class and juvenile horses, if which the races aren't there for them this time if year.
    That could be it Breno and I have a vague memory that she may not have had any starters for the first couple of weeks - maybe there are harness racing participants that actually take holidays!
    My stats from last yr only show end of yr totals - this yr I thought I would keep a mid season total as well to see which trainers fade or finish strong
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    I thought Nat's driving was pretty close but officially. Check out the $$$

Natalie Rasmussen (Driver 2013 / 2014) Starts 94 Wins 43 Second 15 Thirds 13 UDR .5922 Stakes $900,999

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Emma's strike rate will soon be dropping as she has a few races with 2 starters. I guess she won't complain about 50% though
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    R5 she has 3 runners!

+ Reply to Thread