Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Superfecta? Will it return?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,

Exclamation Superfecta? Will it return?

I have noticed recently with the Melbourne Cup close by, that some of the betting agencies are offering massive dividends if you can pick the 1st 7 in order in the cup, or Tom Waterhouse offering a $25,000,000 pool to pick the 1st 10 in order!

This bring to mind whatever happened to the Superfecta, this was extremely popular, but gave way to the BIG 6, which from what I can see is the biggest flop of all times! Come on TAB it's time to bring back the Supefecta, and spark it off with some jackpots!

I will probably get hung for adding a thread about this, as it is a "participants" forum not a "punters" forum, but to be honest, I don't think they are mutually exclusive!
    Last edited by The Form Student; 10-29-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    "I will probably get hung for adding a thread about this, as it is a "participants" forum not a "punters" forum, but to be honest, I don't think they are mutually exclusive!"

You're a stirrer Steve - you know that is not so and was just one person's opinion 2yrs ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    "I will probably get hung for adding a thread about this, as it is a "participants" forum not a "punters" forum, but to be honest, I don't think they are mutually exclusive!"

You're a stirrer Steve - you know that is not so and was just one person's opinion 2yrs ago
    You got me Kev!...........but I do think the Superfecta should return, Harness racing should bring it back, they can promote maximum 10-12 runners in a race, so that it is not like trying to sort out 20 runners in the Cup!

I'm on your band wagon, all I am seeing is pages and pages of stories on the gallopers, nothing against them, it is Cup time, and it creates interest! But where are the Harness stories, and why aren't they being printed! The only stories I see in NSW, are written by NZ correspondent, Michael Guerin, don't get me wrong, I like his style and his stories are well written and interesting! But is that all we have to offer! I don't know what it is like in VIC.....harness racing is going backwards......my thought is what get's one interest in harness racing, except when you are born into it, or have friends involved! It also seems that when someone does have an interest, they later drift off to the gallops! It is good to have the mini trotters, they are the breeding ground for future trainers and drivers, and should be promoted more! But getting the punting dollar in to Harness Racing on a strategic and planning basis needs to be addressed quickly! I wonder if anybody has any thoughts on how this can be done!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The Age in Vic NEVER has anything on harness
    I was amazed to see that the Wizard Of Odds they have been promoting in the paper and to be found at theage.com includes greyhounds and harness - it would seem that it has to be someone other than their team and something they may be receiving a kickback for. They will do anything nowadays - regularly selling their front page for advertising. I do not know if we want them but clearly we could buy our way into The Age if wanted to

As far as ideas for getting the punting dollar, we do have a 13 page thread

http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...betting-market
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    What about some adds promoting Luke McCarthy and FAR's next run!

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    First four replaced the superfecta and has been a hell of a lot more popular with punters.....there will be no going back Steve.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Regarding info in the lead post.... brave bookies offering odds of 2.5 mil to one....the real odds are at least 100 times that!!

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    I don't mean every race.........just 1 a night or at least in feature races!........give the punters a chance to get a big payout!..............What I have noticed is that when there is a 1st 4 jackpot in one state and not another, when the dividend is declared on the jackpot race, most of the time it is less than you get in another state that does not have a jackpot! Work that out!
    I would prefer to replace the BIG 6 with a Superfecta race, you know where you stand after 1 race, not waiting for 6, that's probably why the Quaddie came into play! They could just try it and see how it goes, it can't hurt there is normally only a couple of thousand in the BIG 6 on a Menangle Saturday night meeting at best! Even on normal gallop meetings they only get $2 or $3 thousand. What's the point?
    At the moment, the corporate bookies are promoting up to pick 10 in order for the Melbourne Cup, I know there are conditions, but I think if you box 10 in a Super 10 it would be 3,628,800 to 1 to get those 10 in the right order, not counting the other 10 runners who may spoil the party!....if one of them run in the first 10 you are gone!

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    To box 12 runners is 480 million to 1..............but most would play an ascending scale, not putting every runner as a winner or higher place getter, but still the odds would be massive!........why do you think they are offering it!

I hope some little old lady from Winston Hills has $1 on the winning combo!

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    I know why they are offering it Steve......it's because the odds are massively in their favour, hence my 'brave' comment. Boxing 12 at those odds still leaves another 12 runners.....the actual odds are in the BILLIONS/1. Minimum bet for the promo above is $10-.

+ Reply to Thread