Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Superfecta? Will it return?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    This is the Superfecta thread.. I started it to generate ideas to increase betting turnover, and therefore income to trotting.........the gallops run the place already, they are creeping all over us, with night time meetings also!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    This is the Superfecta thread..
    I am pretty sure you know that I know that - just surprised me that you did not seem too concerned about a race where the best horse was not given a fair shot at winning (reminded me of a sprint lane debate)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    I was not a party to it, of course I don't like it, it happened in about 1986...a long time ago!......All I said was they almost got away with it!.......I can tell that I saw him at the tote window collecting! He has been warned off for life as a result!

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    The QLD TAB has a good jackpot trifecta on the 1st race at Albion Park each Saturday night, the pool often gets over a $100k.......we should bring in this type of Jackpot on maybe race 1 at Menangle on a Saturday night.....the gallops punters are still out there!............kick off the interest to start off the whole night!

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=24803

This week's TattsBet jackpot is $35,000 on the 1st race trifecta at Albion Park.............let's see what the final pool get's to........if it gets to over a $100k.........it's probably worth the TAB's return on about 2-3 races......clever work!

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    [/B]
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=24803

This week's TattsBet jackpot is $35,000 on the 1st race trifecta at Albion Park.............let's see what the final pool get's to........if it gets to over a $100k.........it's probably worth the TAB's return on about 2-3 races......clever work!
    Agree Steve, it sounds like a great idea.....as u have said before, especially on Saturdays when the gallops are finishing up. I'm no fan of the superfecta, but using these jackpots on a tri/f4 would probably get my interest.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Agree Steve, it sounds like a great idea.....as u have said before, especially on Saturdays when the gallops are finishing up. I'm no fan of the superfecta, but using these jackpots on a tri/f4 would probably get my interest.
    If its on tri/f4, that is OK, I was suggesting Superfecta as a rejuvenation for punters, chance of big "divvie" for a smaller investment.....the occasional novelty betting type event as a marketing idea!
    Maybe, the TAB should hold back 50% of all jackpot pools during the week, for a 1st race Saturday big jackpot, whether Trifecta, 1st 4 or Superfecta! On the subjest of 1st 4's, Sky Channel should be showing the 4th placegetter on the front dividend screen, and not going to another race where possible until the 4th placegetter is notified! How frustrating, when it is a photo for 4th, and you are waiting to see if you got the 1st 4, and they nick off to another meeting..........maybe they should flash this on the screen in the corner somewhere, whilst the next race is running!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    This is the Superfecta thread.. I started it to generate ideas to increase betting turnover, and therefore income to trotting.........the gallops run the place already, they are creeping all over us, with night time meetings also!
    I have mentioned this elsewhere - we have to make some time slots ours! Maybe they will not want Saturday night?

Big6 jackpots tonight - a mere $3012
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I have mentioned this elsewhere - we have to make some time slots ours! Maybe they will not want Saturday night?

Big6 jackpots tonight - a mere $3012
    I was unaware this was a regular bet type until Steve brought it up. I thought it was a promo sort of bet reserved for big meetings. It's obviously not popular and should probably be scrapped. I don't think there is much interest in the duet either....can that too.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    I was unaware this was a regular bet type until Steve brought it up. I thought it was a promo sort of bet reserved for big meetings. It's obviously not popular and should probably be scrapped. I don't think there is much interest in the duet either....can that too.

Quaddie paid $100,000 !! Do you get $50,000 for having 2 of them?

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    BIG 6 pool at Menangle tonight $1,564 - don't tell me a Superfecta pool on Beautide's race wouldn't have been over $10,000.......is the TAB trying to save face with itself??

+ Reply to Thread