Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle Mile 2014

aussiebreno

Miracle Mile 2014

Now the first invite has been handed to Beautide it must be time to create the Miracle Mile thread.

Nov 8: Newcastle Mile ($75K)
    Nov 15: Coca Cola Sprint ($100K)
    Nov 22: Cordina Sprint ($100K)
    Nov 29: Miracle Mile ($750K)

The conditions for the Miracle Mile are as follows:

(a) At the discretion of the Board of Directors the reigning Miracle Mile winner would be issued an invitation based on current form however if connections accepted the invitation the horse would be permitted to contest only one automatic invitation event. The decision on an invitation would be made prior to the close of nominations for the Newcastle Mile;

(b) The winner of the Newcastle Mile would automatically receive an invitation to the Miracle Mile however would not be permitted to contest another automatic invitation event;

(c) At the discretion of the Board of Directors further invitations may be issued prior to the close of nominations for the Coca Cola Sprint however those invitations would be restricted to horses which faced the difficulties of travel which may affect their performance in the Miracle Mile if compelled to compete in an automatic invitation event. Those horses however if accepting an invitation would not be permitted to contest an automatic invitation event;

(d) The winner of the Coca Cola Sprint would automatically receive an invitation to the Miracle Mile however would not be permitted to contest a further automatic invitation event (Cordina Sprint);

(e) The winner of the Cordina Sprint would automatically receive an invitation to the Miracle Mile;

(f) The remainder of the field would be invited at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors following the Cordina Sprint taking into consideration only those horses which contested the Coca Cola Sprint and the Cordina
    Sprint;

(g) The minimum field size would remain at six (6) horses whilst the maximum field size would be restricted to eight (8) horses with two reserves drawn in the barriers.

I don't know why persist with condition g. It will always be 8 runners.

What will the field look like?

Beautide obviously.

Suave Stuey Lombo looks to have a good hold on the Newcastle Mile.

NZ makes things interesting. On what's been happening just about say Terror To Love and Christen Me run quinella and both worthy of invite. Is For A Reason going? He could quite easily upset those two.

Who will win the other local qualifiers? Avonnova, Abettorpunt, Guaranteed, Bitobliss would all visit I'd imagine and be genuine chances.

Where is Mach Beauty?

If I was picking now I'd pick those ten (two emerg). Plenty of other good horses I haven't mentioned.

Beautide wins regardless of the other seven starters that join him though

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Philadelphia man still has plenty to prove but is definitely an X factor IMO. I'll stick with SSL for the time being....he'll be on the front end and to beat him you'll have to go at least low 1:50.
    Do we know of any early markets Breno?

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Where is Mach Beauty?

Beautide wins regardless of the other seven starters that join him though
    Mach Beauty went sore.

Beautide is peaking (good training) at just the right time.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Up with the sparrows Brent?? Looks to be pretty much the same field or make up as last year. The NZ Cup will be interesting, Terror to Love, Adore Me, Christen Me and the potential knockout horse For a Reason going head to head, Should be a fantastic race. I was under the impression that Abettorpunt wasn't going to NZ and was coming up for the qualifiers. IMHO TTL will be very hard to beat in the NZ Cup but I don't think they will bring him across if invited as the sprint races are probably a little short for him at this stage of his career. SSL has been low flying lately but Beautide really went super last night under a hand drive. The other Victorian's Guaranteed, Philadelphia Man and Bitobliss should add a bit of spice to the qualifiers, It would be great to see all 3 make it into the final. Bitobliss is the interesting horse, He's promised so much over the years and I think that Mr Stewart will be looking at one of the first qualifiers to get him through and try and keep him fresh. Some great racing coming up and I can't wait for it.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    Mach Beauty went sore.

I wonder what his Cobalt reading will be? Sorry but 43 is not natural
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    Mach Beauty went sore.

Cheers. Replace him with Philadelphia Man.

Richard - In The Gig a couple of weeks ago mentioned Courts were keen on bringing TTL over.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Cheers. Replace him with Philadelphia Man.

Richard - In The Gig a couple of weeks ago mentioned Courts were keen on bringing TTL over.
    Okay, Thanks Breno, I missed that. I think that this could be TTL's last season but I hope not and would really love to see him over here at his best, I've followed him through most of his career and have no doubt that the horse is a superstar.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I wonder what his Cobalt reading will be? Sorry but 43 is not natural
    That's a fair question Kevin, we can't question some cobalt levels returned by some horses and not ask the question about others. I like Beautide, I like his toughness and the fact that he can win from almost any position in running. His trainer has the making of a future top line trainer (if not already). But...........

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Terror To Love again ? I've seen that Seinfeld ep more times than No Soup For You.

He should have to earn a start in a lead up going a solid Mile around Menangle. What is it now, 2 ID Final walk ins beating nothing and multiple invites to the Mile.

The Mile he finished 2nd in was gift wrapped. No thanks.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Has anyone seen a Market for the MM yet???

+ Reply to Thread