Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle Mile 2014

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by MJD View Post
    The surprise in the Cordina Sprint is Bling It On (although may not be a surprise to some) He is a star! He who won a 4 year old heat on Saturday night so is in the 4YO Final to be run on Miracle Mile night however may find himself in the Miracle Mile.
    On another note, no Keystone Del in the trotters heat which means he is ineligible for the Final as trotters hav to contest both heats to be eligible for the Final.
    Bling it On may well upset the apple cart, Ultra smart horse and with SSL and Abettorpunt drawing poorly anything is possible in this contest.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Agree Rich. I wonder where Cold Major will lob? We know he is a very quick beginner, as is BNC & BBB. Can ABOP bounce back from that crappy draw? One thing is for sure, the speed will be on from beginning to the end. Does anyone on here, think that TTL has any realistic chance of winning or even placing?
    Last edited by Smoken; 11-17-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by MJD View Post
    The surprise in the Cordina Sprint is Bling It On (although may not be a surprise to some) He is a star! He who won a 4 year old heat on Saturday night so is in the 4YO Final to be run on Miracle Mile night however may find himself in the Miracle Mile.
    On another note, no Keystone Del in the trotters heat which means he is ineligible for the Final as trotters hav to contest both heats to be eligible for the Final.
    Keystone Del nominated for FFA at Melton $20500...

Cordina will be an intriguing first 400m with tons of speed...Bettor Bet Black maybe fastest off the arm???

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Don't hold your breath on that happening Kev.
    I pretty sure we had this very type of discussion about last year's MM where another "leading light" was in the eyes of many here deserving of a "free ticket".
    It didn't happen and on the very strong advice of HSWhrc leading upto close of noms, officially he eventually took his place in the Cordina, got the entry and fail to fire in the MM.
    IMO I can see history repeating itself.

This is not mind you an attempt to stifle this discussion. If history is to be repeated please stay calm!!!!
    You're right Tony, it could not happen (see video interview Trish posted).
    If I was SSL's owner I would be thinking along the lines of preserving him eg getting the lead at all costs then taking a sit or do not contest the lead and look for a late 3wTrail Either way, if unlucky, the board might rightfully give him an invite based on his record.
    The other way of thinking is to target the MM next yr with a more tailored prep and just go all out for the $60k to the winner of the Cordina. It is nearly as much as 3rd in the MM and the 3 placegetters from last yrs MM are all in the field and all in form
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Ironic that the already invited Terror To Love will be the outsider of the field
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    The irony.. I,d say BBB is probably the quickest beginner. Who will be the swoopers?

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    As was said earlier, there is a whole lot of speed drawn inside Stuey but he should still probably be winning. Bling and Aikens horse CM the only dangers IMO.....the latter being gross overs @ 50/1.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Don't hold your breath on that happening Kev.
    I pretty sure we had this very type of discussion about last year's MM where another "leading light" was in the eyes of many here deserving of a "free ticket".
    It didn't happen and on the very strong advice of HSWhrc leading upto close of noms, officially he eventually took his place in the Cordina, got the entry and fail to fire in the MM.
    IMO I can see history repeating itself.

This is not mind you an attempt to stifle this discussion. If history is to be repeated please stay calm!!!!

Smoken Up or Mach Beauty? If the former, then when we compare Terror To Love getting a run and Smoken Up having to earn one it's like comparing apples and cashews.

Smoken Up. 2 x winner and track record holder. Form leading into race; 6 starts - 1 x 1st, 3 x 2nd and 2 x 4th. And yet made to go around the week before to 'earn' a start. Wins and breaks 1.50 again. Free ticket?

Terror To Loves MM history? Form leading into race? Earned a start? Pleeease. Has got a huge free ticket into it!

Smoken Up copped it last year and SSL cops it this year. They want everyone talking about (like we are) and they want good horses going around the week before and want the best horses in the race.

SSL denied a start this year regardless of where finishes on Saturday night would be one of the silliest things I've seen for a while. Sillier than brenno doing a nudey!!

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    If Bling wins on Saturday does he start in the MM or 4 year old final? I'd start in the 4 year old this year and next year when 5 take on older horses.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    As was said earlier, there is a whole lot of speed drawn inside Stuey but he should still probably be winning. Bling and Aikens horse CM the only dangers IMO.....the latter being gross overs @ 50/1.
    Heaps of value in the exotic's Brent!!

+ Reply to Thread