+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle Mile 2014

aussiebreno
    1 Christen Me
    2 Beautide
    3 Avonnova

aussiebreno
    Christen Me had to death seat last year whereas Beautide got a really nice trip. Christen Me won't have to do the same work this year and will be close enough. Showed in the Vic Cup he can beat Beautide home.
    At the prices I would much rather be on Christen Me. Winner comers from those two one would think.

For A Reason probably just a tad off Beautide and Christen Me last year I thought and needs a lot nicer run to beat them. From that draw he won't get it. I have him a length and a half or two off the big 2 given the runs they will get. However, in my book Avonnova is a better 1 v 1 all things square horse than FAR. I know it's against popular opinion but Avonnova could well get a very nice run and win. He shouldn't be too far off anyway.

EOTE not good enough. Given the Avonnova result at Newcastle I don't think Stuey can win from that draw.
    Guaranteed a bad draw as well. Put in a real nice run last time out but biggest test to date drawn there is a risk. Very capable though.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    http://www.harnesslink.com/News/More...rs-at-Menangle

So is Tritton bluffing, hoping to hold the lead with Easy On The Eye only to hand it over to Suave Stuey Lombo as soon as he can?

http://www.harnesslink.com/Internati...-support-Stuey

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=25076

“I’m expecting to be in front but that just my thoughts and I haven’t gone into any discussion with Shaney yet about tactics. If Easy On The Eye does hold us, I don’t think we’d hand over to Suave Stuey Lombo which makes things interesting.”

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    Fantastic field to line up and its got everyone guessing as to who will lead out of the 3 EOTE, Avonnova or Stuey. I dont think it will make too much of a difference to the result because I think Beautide and Christen Me will be too strong late. But what it has done is got every talking about the MM, even people who dont even follow Harness racing have shown interest, I have had family and friends as well as their friends all call me to discuss the MM. Who will lead? Will EOTE really hold out Stuey if he crosses Avonnova? What time will they run if they burn in the first quarter? Can they break the track record? These are the questions that they all ask and my answer has been watch it and all your questions will be answered. Its good to see more people showing an interest in our game especially when alot of them normally only show an interest in the gallops.

Anyway its going to be a cracker of a race Im tipping
    Beautide
    Christen Me
    FAR
    Avonnova or Stuey

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Well SSL is in the field which I think to be honest the race need him to be there just to ensure that there would be genuine raw speed early if nothing else, after all the race has always been about what time they will run as much as who will win. If memory serves me correct wasn't there a MM a year or two back where McCarthy's had two runners who's normal race style did not pan out in the race and it changed the way other horses where driven expecting these horse to follow plan A but this did not happen (if I am wrong I stand corrected), I still think Beautide will win. I think whoever does win will need to be able to go low 1:50 at least that's where I think Easy On The Eye and Avonnova will struggle (but I've been wrong before). I think SSL will go forward no matter what for how ever long it takes to get the lead as this is how he has been driven all along so I can't see them changing their plan now. It's this one plan that has everyone trying to second guess what they are going to do if they get the lead with EOTE. No prize for guessing they hand up to SSL and no one else. I do not think that there is anything sus with that plan because who wouldn't want to be behind the leader SSL as he drifts out in the straight in the run home?

For what it's worth

1 Beautide
    2 Christen Me
    ???? Guaranteed, SSL or For A Reason

Should be a great race and good luck to all.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Gareth Hall sure has Herculean thoughts regarding Beautide.. He claims he's even better than BAF and Quinny.. Beautide should absolutely annihilate them tonight if Gazza is right

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Whoever did that from has SSL crossing Avon in the first 400 but Avon in death as he can't cross the 1 but the 8 can cross everyone. I wish whoever does this fanciful form had to print his form results each week. He might be right but how fast will SSL have to run out of the gate?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    Whoever did that from has SSL crossing Avon in the first 400 but Avon in death as he can't cross the 1 but the 8 can cross everyone. I wish whoever does this fanciful form had to print his form results each week. He might be right but how fast will SSL have to run out of the gate?
    I cannot see Avon letting that happen either Toni.
    However it pans out (Avon or Stuey in the D) it seems extremely likely that Beau will be in the 1x1 and whether he wins may be determined by how early he has to go 3W (and at what pace) and who gets the 3WT - CM and FAR may have the class to make up the necessary 4m

I think it will be suicide for EOTE to try and hold the lead when Avon and Stuey go to war. If he did and Stuey got posted 3W and say Guaranteed grabbed his back, could Beau get held up in the 1x1?

There are lots of scenarios which makes the lead up interesting - let's hope the race really is full on
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread