Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle Mile 2014

aussiebreno
    Laboured = "Done with great effort and difficulty"

So what, 1.50 runs are done with easily with little effort and Mach Beauty sitting outside him running him to a long neck didn't make it look difficult?

Please.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I did not say anything earlier Brendan but saying SU 'laboured' to beat them in comparison to Beautide smashing them just sounds wrong when you are talking about a horse making the running and breaking 1.50
    I'm not even sure if drawing parallels between the 2 races is that fair.
    When Mach and Abet got closer to SU they were on the pegs until they chose to come off while he was cutting the breeze (and of course they had had 2 more weeks work since meeting Beau)
    When Beau beat them, Mach did it hard to lead and Abet was wide for ages thus they had both done more work than they did v SU (even if Beau was super strong)
    Last edited by Messenger; 11-17-2014 at 11:49 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Yearling MJD will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Matthew Dennis
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    It happens every year. There's always a 'question' left until the week before. Keeps the interest up. Last year they used Smoken Up to keep the 'hype' up. 2 time winner and track record holder but a doubt over him getting a run? Breaks 1.50 again the week before. And then all the final week marketing around him.

This year SSL. Is there really any doubt at all he will be given an invite regardless of whether or not he competes this Saturday? He's already competed in a 'qualifying race'. If you look on harness.org home page you might notice this too. And he might not get a run?

Attachment 338
    SSL will have to compete this Saturday night to receive an invitation, as ridiculous as that is given that he has run 1:50.1, 1:50.1 & 1:51 @ Menangle in recent starts.

The MM conditions state "The winner of the Cordina Sprint would automatically receive an invitation to the Miracle Mile and the remainder of the field would be invited at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors following the Cordina Sprint taking into consideration ONLY those horses which contested the Coca Cola Sprint and the Cordina
    Sprint".

The Newcastle Mile is an automatic qualifier, however, they do not consider horses that competing in the Newcastle Mile (which is another ridiculous thing) as they want horses to complete @ MENANGLE in the Coca-Cola or Cordina

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I hope Lauren goes as easy as she can on Stuey, but highly unlikely for more than a few reasons. It's all uphill for Stuey from now on..

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    I hope Lauren goes as easy as she can on Stuey, but highly unlikely for more than a few reasons. It's all uphill for Stuey from now on..
    Even if they wanted to "go easy" on SSL now is not the time to be trying to ease him into a race. To see how that was done go back and watch how Beautide has been set for this race months ago with his selective lead up races.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I agree, that's why I said 'as easy'. He has barrier 8, with many very speedy horses all drawing inside of him.. Just looks to tough for him IMO.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    What's the chance of the board selecting a horse out of left field just because they can? And to give us a reason to jump up and down.

I said it before, how TTL could be given an invite ahead of SSL is beyond me.

Junior Member Yearling MJD will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Matthew Dennis
    The surprise in the Cordina Sprint is Bling It On (although may not be a surprise to some) He is a star! He who won a 4 year old heat on Saturday night so is in the 4YO Final to be run on Miracle Mile night however may find himself in the Miracle Mile.
    On another note, no Keystone Del in the trotters heat which means he is ineligible for the Final as trotters hav to contest both heats to be eligible for the Final.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    If I was Shane Tritton I would not run and hope the drama queens do not leave him out.

Don't hold your breath on that happening Kev.
    I pretty sure we had this very type of discussion about last year's MM where another "leading light" was in the eyes of many here deserving of a "free ticket".
    It didn't happen and on the very strong advice of HSWhrc leading upto close of noms, officially he eventually took his place in the Cordina, got the entry and fail to fire in the MM.
    IMO I can see history repeating itself.

This is not mind you an attempt to stifle this discussion. If history is to be repeated please stay calm!!!!

+ Reply to Thread