Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle Mile 2014

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Ye something like that Kev lol. In all fairness, FN deserves the invite, & SSL should have had an invite already, but I guess the people deciding the outcome know best
    Not always!..........there have been plenty of wrong decisions about invites in the past!...................don't make SSL another one!

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I think you're having an EW bet here Ev On recent form TTL not really entitled to invite before Franco
    The facts stack up about TTL, failed to live up to expectations, lot of excuses...........they were concentrating on NZ Cup with TTL, now they switch to MM.............please give me a break!............I think for TTL to perform best in OZ, he needs to be brought over at the start of a preparation, and commence his program from there, giving him a good lead up time.........he either hates the travel, or misses something away from home! This will be a very tough MM!

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    If SSl contests the Cordina Sprint he cannot win the MM imo. He should rest on his record, besides he contested the Newcastle Mile which is also a qualifying race.
    There is no way they will leave him out of the MM, he is to fast and all they worry about is speed at Menangle. This is just their usual drama they love to create.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Maybe he is scared of flying!..........lol

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    If SSl contests the Cordina Sprint he cannot win the MM imo. He should rest on his record, besides he contested the Newcastle Mile which is also a qualifying race.
    There is no way they will leave him out of the MM, he is to fast and all they worry about is speed at Menangle. This is just their usual drama they love to create.
    I think you have something there, it has a bit of history to it............but don't want to leave anything to chance!......put SSL in now!

Junior Member Yearling MJD will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Matthew Dennis
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    In regards to TTL, he is a Champ no doubt, and personally I would like to see him run a massive race in the MM. The fact remains, he didn't even place in the NZ CUP or FFA.. Who makes these decisions? Franco Nelson should have got an invite before TTL based on current form.. Guaranteed, SSL and who ever wins next weeks CS! Sound good?
    Mic Guerin tweeted that connections of Franco Nelson very surprised TTL invited in front of them & that TTL accepted. 7 start Menangle maiden in the Miracle Mile. Unfortunately SSL will hav to run in the Cordina, due to the way the conditions are & somehow they are treating For A Reason as a horse that has travel restrictions. He is from Qld but has done alot of his latest racing @ Menangle apart from the Qld Pacing Championship & NZ Cup

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    One reason "For A Reason" invited, speed, as I mentioned before, to use travel as an excuse is silly. I think he has the 2nd fastest mr behind Smoken Up. SSL is 3rd fastest....he will be invited.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    Hypothetically, if SSL could maintain the average speed for his other 3 quarters on this run, for the second quarter he ran in this race, he would run a mile in 1:47.1!

He would also have 1.4 seconds up his sleeve to beat the track record!
    I agree with you Steve that SSL should have already been given an invite but can't agree with your hypothetical analysis. Every race or trial that I've see on Trots TV of SSL he has never been driven with anything left in the tank , which is entirely up to his connections but when you compare the way Beautide has been set for the MM you have to wonder if running all those very fast races and trials weeks ago were the right time to be running 1:50.

Is SSL still going as good as he was a month ago? Trainer even said last night on Sky that the run at Newcastle took a lot out of him. I think SSL has more current runs on the board than Terror To Love regardless of distance to travel, he has had enough free passes into the race and failed he should have to qualify this year. As good as he is he has not done enough to get an invite.

Junior Member Yearling MJD will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Matthew Dennis
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    One reason "For A Reason" invited, speed, as I mentioned before, to use travel as an excuse is silly. I think he has the 2nd fastest mr behind Smoken Up. SSL is 3rd fastest....he will be invited.
    For A Reason should be there, just saying, that only horses that could be invited before close of nominations tomorrow for the Cordina Sprint are horses that have "travel difficulties" when For A Reason has had the majority of his recent racing @ Menangle (although his last 2 starts where in Qld & NZ)

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    If I was Shane Tritton I would not run and hope the drama queens do not leave him out.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread