Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle Mile 2014

Junior Member Yearling MJD will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Matthew Dennis
    Only 3 places left - 1 is winner of Cordina Sprint? Who gets other 2? Guaranteed, Suave Stuey Lombo (if doesnt win Cordina). Christen Me won NZ FFA so deserved his invite. For A Reason has broke 1:50 @ Menangle & was 3rd in NZ Cup. Terror To Love is a champ too but has done not much @ Menangle & was beaten by For A Reason & Christen Me.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    They should now invite Stuey and save him from having to bust his arse 7 days before grand final day. If FAR and TTL deserve invites in front of him I'll eat my farkin hat!!!!!!

Junior Member Yearling MJD will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Matthew Dennis
    Terror To Love a maiden from 7 starts @ Tabcorp Park, Menangle - form at track reads 98264726. 6 runs were in Group 1 events. Still no wins though.
    Conditions stated that only horses facing travel difficulties which could affect their performance in the Miracle Mile can be invited before the close of noms for Cordina Sprint. After Cordina Sprint the remainder of field made up of horses that contested either Coca Cola and/or Cordina Sprint. SSL will hav to go round in Cordina Sprint. The travel difficulties for For A Reason must be because he went to NZ.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    They should now invite Stuey and save him from having to bust his arse 7 days before grand final day. If FAR and TTL deserve invites in front of him I'll eat my farkin hat!!!!!!
    Exactly, Shane said in the media, that he did not accept for last nights race because of the gut buster run outside the leader at Newcastle last week (track record time), and wanted to let him get over it! If HRNSW are concerned about other horses having difficulties travelling from far locations etc,, and have issued invites to them! What about the horse that has busted his guts in NSW right now, has beaten Beautide twice at their most recent 2 race starts, beaten Imthemightyquinn in QLD, beaten Mach Beauty twice, whose times at Menangle are faster than any of the other runners who have been invited to the MM, broke 1:50 in a trial at Menangle in recent weeks! Give the horse a break, don't make him start this week, and gas him with a hard run for a Miracle Mile birth! A fresh SSL, (as he showed in his Menangle trial win in 1:49.237 on 9th Sept 2014, beating Beautide again!) would be something for the others to chase in the MM! Can someone come up with a reason why this horse has not been invited?...........Come on the Board Of Director's, show that a horses form counts!....... issue SSL with an invite before acceptances are due for the Cordina Sprint!
    Give the people's horse a run, an invite now, don't make him prove he can ran fast time at Menangle again...........he has proven himself to be the No. 1 contender for the race, and does not have an invite!

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    If a horse deserves to be in the MM, surely SSL would have to be one of them! Common sense should prevail you would think, but many times it doesn't..

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    I am fuming about SSL not getting an "invite" to the MM, at his last run at Menangle on 18th October, SSL led and won in "only" 1:51.3, his sectionals were (26.8, 31.0, 27.3, 26.2) last 800 metres in 53.5 seconds............can you go any faster??

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    I am fuming about SSL not getting an "invite" to the MM, at his last run at Menangle on 18th October, SSL led and won in "only" 1:51.3, his sectionals were (26.8, 31.0, 27.3, 26.2) last 800 metres in 53.5 seconds............can you go any faster??
    Hypothetically, if SSL could maintain the average speed for his other 3 quarters on this run, for the second quarter he ran in this race, he would run a mile in 1:47.1!

He would also have 1.4 seconds up his sleeve to beat the track record!
    Last edited by The Form Student; 11-16-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    In regards to TTL, he is a Champ no doubt, and personally I would like to see him run a massive race in the MM. The fact remains, he didn't even place in the NZ CUP or FFA.. Who makes these decisions? Franco Nelson should have got an invite before TTL based on current form.. Guaranteed, SSL and who ever wins next weeks CS! Sound good?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    After watching the replay several times this morning, Guaranteed definitely was claiming Beautide for sure. Hope TTL accepts, and shows us all what we all know he's capable of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    In regards to TTL, he is a Champ no doubt, and personally I would like to see him run a massive race in the MM. The fact remains, he didn't even place in the NZ CUP or FFA.. Who makes these decisions? Franco Nelson should have got an invite before TTL based on current form.. Guaranteed, SSL and who ever wins next weeks CS! Sound good?
    I think you're having an EW bet here Ev On recent form TTL not really entitled to invite before Franco
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Ye something like that Kev lol. In all fairness, FN deserves the invite, & SSL should have had an invite already, but I guess the people deciding the outcome know best

+ Reply to Thread