Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle Mile 2014

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    You guys are giving "The Board" too much credit. It's mostly made up of the same hacks that ran Harold Park into the ground. Any drama or intrigue is by accident not design. They'd be out of a job if it not for the 100+ Million from Mirvac.

It's a great shame that Sam is no longer involved. He unfortunately got bogged down in the shit storm he inherited. With him out of the way, the industry has gone back to the future. Only this time it's not just Harold Park / Menangle to screw up. They're Property Moguls now. A new string to their bow. Fingers crossed with that.

I was out at Menangle on Saturday night. A 3 hour return trip from Metropolitan Glebe, Sydney to the provincials. Anyone who was coming was there before the weather turned. Free entry and it was a poor turnout. They're losing the Interdominion which leaves them the Miracle Mile. I assume they'll charge an entry free that night ? A once a year gate. Those Pokies must be sucking the locals in good and proper.

I'm only getting warmed up Richard. Terror To Love is next : )

Junior Member Yearling MJD will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Matthew Dennis
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Keystone Del nominated for FFA at Melton $20500...

Cordina will be an intriguing first 400m with tons of speed...Bettor Bet Black maybe fastest off the arm???
    Thanks, makes sense as to ehy not @ Menangle & he has a busy season ahead of him contesting Victorian features so good to get him to Vic this early to settle in

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    You guys are giving "The Board" too much credit. It's mostly made up of the same hacks that ran Harold Park into the ground. Any drama or intrigue is by accident not design. They'd be out of a job if it not for the 100+ Million from Mirvac.

It's a great shame that Sam is no longer involved. He unfortunately got bogged down in the shit storm he inherited. With him out of the way, the industry has gone back to the future. Only this time it's not just Harold Park / Menangle to screw up. They're Property Moguls now. A new string to their bow. Fingers crossed with that.

I was out at Menangle on Saturday night. A 3 hour return trip from Metropolitan Glebe, Sydney to the provincials. Anyone who was coming was there before the weather turned. Free entry and it was a poor turnout. They're losing the Interdominion which leaves them the Miracle Mile. I assume they'll charge an entry free that night ? A once a year gate. Those Pokies must be sucking the locals in good and proper.

I'm only getting warmed up Richard. Terror To Love is next : )
    I hear you Bob

I once posted this

I will try and keep 'on thread' as I fear this may be more a topic for a separate thread
    If we are to be customer focussed we must listen to their concerns but if you read the report that this thread is about it addresses the fact that the customers need horses to bet on
    I see owners as customers too really
    Don't you think that the 'awareness, attendance & interest' that you list as critical is fostered my country towns all around the country having locals involved. Don't most of the big pros start off as small hics even in the gallopers. The next pro like Cramp or Weir can come from anywhere. I really fear we have too many eggs in the Melton and Menangle baskets because if we think centralization is the answer well they are not even Melbourne and Sydney suburbs. Do you think they are the answer Mitch?

If you read either of Ray Chaplin's reports that I have linked on this and other threads you will see it is a much bigger problem than the punting dollar. My thread from a couple of months back about how we get more of the punting $ ended up showing that (I believe) and if you read some of the post by Danno and co. I think it answers your pro v hobbyist question too Mitch

I posted it in the thread
    http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...ry-sport/page2
    Which was about Ray Chaplin's report

We should both probably be posting in that thread not this one about the MM
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Terror To Love was invited by default. I had the nights racing on IQ and watched the interview with Christensen waffling on about the conditions and how they could only invite horses that raced in NZ or WA or had won the CCA or Newcastle Mile etc Waffle Waffle and more Waffle. Adore Me dissed them. I assume Franco Nelson did the same ?

I don't think it's in the conditions but in the mind of the Directors, there needs to be 2 horses from NZ to make it a truly "International" race. If TTL had dissed them, they would have checked in on Monkey King. It's only been 3 years

Suave Stuey has his work cut out for him on Saturday. There's more speed to his inside there than he'd face in 2 Miracle Miles. If Bettor Bet Black doesn't cross Devil Dodger very early, which gives BBB some hope of finding the fence, Lauren will be posted until at least the 1/4, perhaps further. Of course if BBB does cross the 2-1 will look very good Stuey turning out of the straight the first time. I'll be playing around Punt and to a lesser extent King to win a little if one places or a lot if one wins.

If Stuey doesn't win on Saturday night and Franco Nelson didn't diss them, I wouldn't be surprised if the latter gets the final invite after Guaranteed and the Cordina winner get theirs. It's stacked against the locals and despite her detractors, mostly because of one unfortunate accident, Lauren Panella is the best thing the industry here has going for it, from the outside looking in. She interviews well, I find her to be very professional on and off the track and she's giving it to the Boys.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I remember reading the report a few months ago Kevin and I agreed with nearly everything in it. The Truer is gonski, what's next for Bankstown ? Penrith is virtually invisible and the support card for Newcastle a few weeks ago was disappointing, what support ?

I have as much confidence in Anderson and Co down there as I do with those up here.

I have clients in Perth. It's a good excuse to get to Gloucester Park a few times a year. Chalk and cheese. I do try and get there for a feature night but even so, it's a more vibrant, younger and knowledgeable crowd, yes a crowd. You have to laugh to when you hear rusted on Eastern State wags telling WA what they should do.

Back to the Miracle Mile, rant over

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by MJD View Post
    Thanks, makes sense as to ehy not @ Menangle & he has a busy season ahead of him contesting Victorian features so good to get him to Vic this early to settle in

Hi Matthew, Nicole Molander has purchased property in Victoria & is moving there.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Mr Dunn said, "Franco Nelson was passed over for a Miracle Mile invite at the expense of Terror To Love, who got the second Kiwi invite to next week’s A$750,000 race, even though Franco Nelson beat him twice last week".

So as Bob said they need 2 from NZ (international), I reckon Guaranteed will get his invite, & then 1st & 2nd from the Cordina.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Your probably right Trish, the MM is just becoming a "celebrity" event! Without a Victorian starter it would not have the glamour effect they are after! If Guaranteed was the great stayer that he is made to be, why didn't Gavin Lang persist with keeping the death seat when he had Beautide trapped out their 3 wide in CCA last Saturday (it was a Group 1 event!......he would have made himself a certain starter in the MM by winning. Are there deals being done in the background? If Beautide draws inside Guaranteed in MM, I can't see him beating him on ability! Interestingly, they did not beat the 1:50.1 that Stuey has run at 2 of his 3 latest wins at Menangle! And no-one has beaten Stuey's 1:49.237 in a trial at Menangle in September, in recent times!

Real Name
    patricia ilsley

I have been watching a few peoples twitter's this week & Greg Hayes put up the conditions & HRNSW have not broken any rules this year.

Maybe if they are going to give "invites" out why have qualifying lead ups???

+ Reply to Thread