Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle Mile 2014

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon

Terror To Love wtf

How the hell does he get an invite to the mile?????
    His form this week has been fair at best, he hates the track, trainers have openly stated they hate the place, this is a f$$king joke. Hnsw bang on every year about horses coming to nsw and runing well before they will look at them what a joke this is.
    Last edited by jackthepunter; 11-16-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    It was just a hypo, just to demonstrate his speed..... but there is potential there!......Maybe Mark Dennis will "steal" the last spot!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Harold Parker(Bob) Is going to love this one, Rippem a new one Bob.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Jack, it is a potential "fairy tale" come true! I would like to know from any Director from HRNSW, how the hell SSL has not been invited???

Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    It really pisses me off, you want horses in form for mile a race, what the hell has stand start 2 mile race form got to do with a mm start?? it madness.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Franco Nelson easily should have been invited before TTL.. Even if SSL won next weekend, it would take to much out of him for the MM.. Yep, he should have been invited already..
    Last edited by Smoken; 11-16-2014 at 09:02 PM.

aussiebreno
    Kev, I think the drama queens are not NSWHRC but those in this thread.

Now for everyone else,

The rules set are pretty clear and have been consistently and appropriately applied. They are there for everyone to follow. If the SSL non invitation was such an issue, why wasn't this issue raised anywhere by anyone before the Newcastle Mile?

CM and TTL have been NZs best pacers over the last 18-24months (TTL even longer). NSWHRC have been clear those that face travel difficulties will be issued an invite early. They extended this to FAR who went to NZ. They could have been drama queens and excluded FAR for the sake of making either the NZ Cup weaker or the local FFAs stronger. But just like they are moving for the Perth IDs they are doing the best thing for all us fans and letting us see the top horses battle as often as they can.
    Beautide invite obvious. Avonnovac clearly deserves his spot.

Guaranteed will get an invite I feel.

We will get the best field. Suave Stuey Lombo will win or run well enough in the Cordina to get an invite. If it was such an issue backing him up this week, why won't it be an issue Miracle Mile week? I would have thought taking the risk this week would be better than taking the risk in the big dance. He raced three weeks straight in QLD.
    The poor record of the Cordina is overhyped. As I said earlier, the Cordina used to be a last ditch attempt at gaining entry. That horse that got the 6th spot was generally the 6th best horse in the race anyway (back in the Harold Park days).

Recent years results: Karloo Mick 3rd, Washakie Last (beat a flashing home Lady Lexus, as nice a mare as she was who would have included her in a Miracle Mile field?), Mr Feelgood 4th btn a length by Trigger, Gaius Caesar SCR but Pure Power ran 2nd Cordina then 3rd in Miracle Mile, Trigger 5th was past his best last season.

Karloo Mick. Mr Feelgood and Pure Power good results, Washakie and Smoken Up genuine excuses. Should not be an issue for Stuey. Will get his a chance and can win.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    It really pisses me off, you want horses in form for mile a race, what the hell has stand start 2 mile race form got to do with a mm start?? it madness.
    http://infohorse.hrnz.co.nz/datahr/r...2rs.htm#Race11

Jack watch his run here in last Fri FFA and tell me he didn't run well after being held up late and came home faster than anything in the race for the last 200!
    I see the argument for Franco but also see the argument for TTL, id have Terror here no worries, it will be his last trip to Oz, unless he comes back for VIC and HUNTER Cups...
    And for those crying about SSL, relax he'll be in! Its as if the final field has been finalised and didn't get in, the fat last hasn't sung yet and the order they get invited is irrelevant.

Beautide
    Avonnova
    Terror To Love
    For A Reason
    Christen Me
    Guaranteed
    Suave Stuey Lombo

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Brendan, I agree with most of your comments but you forget Smoken Up ran a 1.49.9 in the Cordina and then a personal 1.51.1 the next week in the MM. Lance was reported to have said he wished he had of raced in the Coca Cola the week before as sub 1.50s 2 weeks in a row is a tough assignment.

Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Kev, I think the drama queens are not NSWHRC but those in this thread.

Now for everyone else,

The rules set are pretty clear and have been consistently and appropriately applied. They are there for everyone to follow. If the SSL non invitation was such an issue, why wasn't this issue raised anywhere by anyone before the Newcastle Mile?

CM and TTL have been NZs best pacers over the last 18-24months (TTL even longer). NSWHRC have been clear those that face travel difficulties will be issued an invite early. They extended this to FAR who went to NZ. They could have been drama queens and excluded FAR for the sake of making either the NZ Cup weaker or the local FFAs stronger. But just like they are moving for the Perth IDs they are doing the best thing for all us fans and letting us see the top horses battle as often as they can.
    Beautide invite obvious. Avonnovac clearly deserves his spot.

Guaranteed will get an invite I feel.

We will get the best field. Suave Stuey Lombo will win or run well enough in the Cordina to get an invite. If it was such an issue backing him up this week, why won't it be an issue Miracle Mile week? I would have thought taking the risk this week would be better than taking the risk in the big dance. He raced three weeks straight in QLD.
    The poor record of the Cordina is overhyped. As I said earlier, the Cordina used to be a last ditch attempt at gaining entry. That horse that got the 6th spot was generally the 6th best horse in the race anyway (back in the Harold Park days).

Recent years results: Karloo Mick 3rd, Washakie Last (beat a flashing home Lady Lexus, as nice a mare as she was who would have included her in a Miracle Mile field?), Mr Feelgood 4th btn a length by Trigger, Gaius Caesar SCR but Pure Power ran 2nd Cordina then 3rd in Miracle Mile, Trigger 5th was past his best last season.

Karloo Mick. Mr Feelgood and Pure Power good results, Washakie and Smoken Up genuine excuses. Should not be an issue for Stuey. Will get his a chance and can win.
    The whole travel things a lot of crap its take 3 hours to fly to sydney from nz, its takes 8 hours plus to drive from melbourne or queensland

+ Reply to Thread