Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcastle Mile 204

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    They had to extend the nominations for this meeting twice, til 3pm on Monday and then til 9:30am on Tuesday.
    Last year they ran heats for the $50k support races that are run on MM day.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Lol, appreciate Tritton's confidence and showmanship but if Stuey can sit outside and beat Avonnova running 1.50 at Newcastle I will do a nudie at Menangle on Miracle Mile night.
    Breeding for colt Nudobreno - Embarassing x This Isnt Pretty
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    If SSL wins maybe aussiebreno can do his run down the back straight at Menangle, if they have the normal cameras he will be that far away that his dignity will be protected.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Lol, appreciate Tritton's confidence and showmanship but if Stuey can sit outside and beat Avonnova running 1.50 at Newcastle I will do a nudie at Menangle on Miracle Mile night.
    1.50(sub)sitting outside the leader would be an astonishing run around Newcastle and I'll be absolutley gobsmacked if SSL can do this, Not doubt that Stuey has speed to burn and has proven he can go Sub 1.50 at Menangle but Newcastle is a whole different kettle of fish.

Junior Member Yearling MJD will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Matthew Dennis
    NSW iForm predicting Suave Stuey Lombo will lead. I think we already know that Avonnova will get to the pegs first & hold the lead. Suave Stuey Lombo sits in the death. The pace will be on the whole way...no breather in this one. If SSL can sit in the death for the entire trip & win in track record time then i take my hat off to him. My tip is Avonnova & he is still value @ $3 with sum bookies rather than $1.70, $1.80 about SSL.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Why do I get the feeling that both Nova and Stuey will get rolled? If I had to choose between them, I'd have to go with Avonnova

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by MJD View Post
    NSW iForm predicting Suave Stuey Lombo will lead. I think we already know that Avonnova will get to the pegs first & hold the lead. Suave Stuey Lombo sits in the death. The pace will be on the whole way...no breather in this one. If SSL can sit in the death for the entire trip & win in track record time then i take my hat off to him. My tip is Avonnova & he is still value @ $3 with sum bookies rather than $1.70, $1.80 about SSL.
    Reckon your spot on Mathew.

SSL (8) didn't come close to crossing Avon (3) in the Len Smith earlier this year and surely that feat becomes even tougher with them drawn side by side tonight. Therefor, the markets out there are way off IMO.....I marked them $2.50, $3- Avons way. That said, I'm not totally discounting Stuey. He did sit outside and beat stablemate Mach Beauty in 1:49.6 earlier this year.

I took what I thought was the value earlier in the week.....Avon @ $4.20 + the field to beat Stuey @ $2-

Should be a great spectacle. The question is......will Breno be reaching for the rosary beads when they come to the 400??

Real Name
    Matthew Dennis
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Reckon your spot on Mathew.

SSL (8) didn't come close to crossing Avon (3) in the Len Smith earlier this year and surely that feat becomes even tougher with them drawn side by side tonight. Therefor, the markets out there are way off IMO.....I marked them $2.50, $3- Avons way. That said, I'm not totally discounting Stuey. He did sit outside and beat stablemate Mach Beauty in 1:49.6 earlier this year.

I took what I thought was the value earlier in the week.....Avon @ $4.20 + the field to beat Stuey @ $2-

Should be a great spectacle. The question is......will Breno be reaching for the rosary beads when they come to the 400??
    Cheers mate. Yes dont know how iform thinks SSL will lead. As you said it is more difficult to cross when drawn next door to each other. Early advantage Avonnova. I took $4.20 Avonnova with bookmakers.com.au. It is now $3. SSL beat Beautide in 2 of his recent wins. Beautide had to sit parked in 1:50 mile rate which is hard to do & SSL will hav to do the same here. Not knocking SSL's talent at all, will just be difficult to sit outside leader over the mile when they run 1:51. Track record is 1:52.6 which i think will be smashed! It will be a great race to watch.

Real Name
    Matthew Dennis
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that both Nova and Stuey will get rolled? If I had to choose between them, I'd have to go with Avonnova
    If they go way too fast & stop in the straight watch for the swoopers. What is too fast though as track record will go.

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post

I reckon you could be right, Panella will just keep attacking.

+ Reply to Thread