Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle Mile 204

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Good stuff Matthew, your cheering got us over the line. It all went down as scripted.
    The 2014 Newcastle mile is paying for a 2015 Vegas trip with the missus.
    I thought some of you blokes would have made a killing. I don't know why I rarely bet!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Yearling MJD will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Matthew Dennis
    Good stuff Matthew, your cheering got us over the line. It all went down as scripted.
    The 2014 Newcastle mile is paying for a 2015 Vegas trip with the missus.
    Was awesome! How much did you put on?

Junior Member Yearling MJD will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Matthew Dennis
    Was awesome! All worked out as planned with Avonnova in front. Knew Suave Stuey Lombo & Lauren would put the pressure on. For Avon to shake off SSL after withstanding the constant pressure was massive!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by MJD View Post
    Was awesome! How much did you put on?
    You don't ask that Matthew.

ps you could always price a trip to Vegas for two and divide it by 3
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I thought some of you blokes would have made a killing. I don't know why I rarely bet!
    Just one of those races that stood out as soon as u saw it I suppose Kev (I was all in on Tuesday as post #2 shows). U just knew it was going to be a 'last man standing' affair as the reward was a spot in the Miracle Mile. I'm still scratching my head as to how SSL was sent out an even money favourite, especially as the consensus in here was so lopsided.

Special mention to Teo Enteo.....puts in every start although he looks to lack that extra length needed to beat the top liners. And spare a thought for Bart Cockburn. He'd be along for this dream ride on Avonnova if it weren't for one poor decision he made in the Sunshine Sprint.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Nope. Probably 5 first to pegs, if not 2.
    What did the Trifecta pay?? Good on ya Brent, Been to Vegas with the cheese and kisses and I know exactly what it costs. Don't know if you had a crack at the Trifecta but yourself and Smoken had touched on it in order.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by The Escape Club View Post
    Broke Beautide's track record by 0.4 second, about 5 or 6 metres quicker.
    Massive run by Avonnova, He's a pretty serious horse and will be hard to catch in the MM with the right draw. It was a massive call by S.Tritton to say that SSL could sit outside him and to go 1.50 around Newcastle but full marks to Lauren and SSL for giving it a shot at least.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    All credit to Avonnova and Shane Graham. Showed exactly why I don't bet at all, I said in my opening post that I didn't think he could win from the 9 gate. More than happy to say that I was wrong. It was a win full of guts as he worked all the way through the run. Lauren made him work all the way and he was right up to the task. Big call by Shane Tritton to say SSL could go around 1:50 sitting in the death. I think they might have to do the upgrade to the track before anyone worries about the 1:50 mark being a reality at Newcastle. There I go making predictions again..........

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    All credit to Avonnova and Shane Graham. Showed exactly why I don't bet at all, I said in my opening post that I didn't think he could win from the 9 gate. More than happy to say that I was wrong. It was a win full of guts as he worked all the way through the run. Lauren made him work all the way and he was right up to the task. Big call by Shane Tritton to say SSL could go around 1:50 sitting in the death. I think they might have to do the upgrade to the track before anyone worries about the 1:50 mark being a reality at Newcastle. There I go making predictions again..........
    Exactly right Toni, The track would need an upgrade before the magical 1.50 mark is reached around Newcastle, Going on last nights time, The horses are still 30 odd metres away from this mark.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    What did the Trifecta pay?? Good on ya Brent, Been to Vegas with the cheese and kisses and I know exactly what it costs. Don't know if you had a crack at the Trifecta but yourself and Smoken had touched on it in order.
    Not sure of the Tri but quinella was 8.90 so I'd guesstimate at around 35-40. Breno was also pretty bullish about Chariot King so we pretty much had it surrounded.
    Cheers

+ Reply to Thread