Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NZ Cup 2014

aussiebreno

NZ Cup 2014

Terror to Love and Christen Me deserved two favourites. Clearly the top two Kiwis on their home turf.
    I believe FAR is 1 for 1 with Christen Me. Christen Me beat him home in the Miracle Mile but FAR won the Vic Cup. FAR probably only got the better of Christen Me due their respective runs in the Vic Cup, but drawn there he has to be a big big chance. $8.50 is a good price.

I understand the Kiwis will have a good opinion of Hands Christian and Adore Me, they deserve their spots on the next lines of betting. But, drawn in one is ideal for Seel N Print. Get buried 3 or 4 pegs, don't spend a penny, others drop off, he gets a run and $3.72 the place currently. Good odds I think.

Can NZ stave off the McCarthy challenge? They haven't done themselves any favours at the barrier draw.

Going to be a cracking race.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    I see that the 2 visitors got the visitors barriers for that start point.
    that shud take care of them one would think.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    What's wrong with the draw? Not a follower of NZ Harness but thought 1 and 2 would be good draws.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Great draws for the Aussies thanks Tony, Still think TTL is the horse to beat and Tiger Tara could be a Smokey.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Horses always have trouble getting away from there. First to line up whilst the rest of the field mess about. Barriers are released from the outside so they don't see it coming and are easily spooked. it usually takes a seasoned ss horse to get away cleanly from 1 or 2 at the best of times but with the apparent tension of a cup start they seldom manage it. Ask K Gath or CB.
    Just being slowish away can quickly have you not 2 or 3 back Fence but 4, 5 or 6 and horses seldom get out of that situation especially in the cup.

Good Luck to them anyway. A little ironic as TTL chases history SnP bred by Terry McDonald & family and FAR owned by est K McDonald (Terry's late bro)

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Horses always have trouble getting away from there. First to line up whilst the rest of the field mess about. Barriers are released from the outside so they don't see it coming and are easily spooked. it usually takes a seasoned ss horse to get away cleanly from 1 or 2 at the best of times but with the apparent tension of a cup start they seldom manage it. Ask K Gath or CB.
    Just being slowish away can quickly have you not 2 or 3 back Fence but 4, 5 or 6 and horses seldom get out of that situation especially in the cup.

Good Luck to them anyway. A little ironic as TTL chases history SnP bred by Terry McDonald & family and FAR owned by est K McDonald (Terry's late bro)
    A real danger of SNP being buried but as Breno mentioned, If he's 3 or 4 back in the running line, He'll be finishing off strong if daylight permits. L. McCarthy will have to keep his wits about him from 2, No doubt the speed will be on and FAR might have to be used up a little at the start. I think Terry Mc would really like to see TTL win but he wouldn't be very disappointed if his late brothers horse won, Sometimes the big bloke upstairs has a hand in these matters and after seeing D. Oliver win the Melbourne Cup a few years ago just after his brother died, Anythings possible.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 11-05-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I trust you will be investigating how this came about Tony
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Forget the link to the field - that was just to wet your appetite

Check out this super preview by HRNZ

http://www.hrnz.co.nz/images/Cup_Guide.pdf
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Looking at the field on hrnz would I be correct in stating there is 13 of the front row??

+ Reply to Thread