Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: St Arnaud Cup Sunday

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

St Arnaud Cup Sunday

Their only home meeting for the year but with a most respectable $14.5k for both the pacers and trotters cups

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm...&fromstate=vic

With a home straight of only 150m - is there a track (still in use) with a shorter straight?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Their only home meeting for the year but with a most respectable $14.5k for both the pacers and trotters cups

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm...&fromstate=vic

With a home straight of only 150m - is there a track (still in use) with a shorter straight?

Gloucester Park, listed at 143m.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by The Escape Club View Post
    Gloucester Park, listed at 143m.
    Thanks Rob - all I can say is Wow!
    No wonder so many leaders win and this is where the Inter will be
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    150m & 143m? Are you kidding me or what? Ridiculous!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    150m & 143m? Are you kidding me or what? Ridiculous!
    "and this is where the Inter will be" and is it not 3 years or so????? sorry can't get my head around an Inter in 2015 on a track as such irrespective of money...

sorry to hijack this thread Kev, so onto St Arnaud, as for the Trotters Cup, i see Wildenstein who is a fast beginner from the stand and a similar fast beginner next to him with an even more aggressive driver of Gazoline with his desire to lead and give Clinton Welsh a nice sit and cosy run at odds behind the leader. So Wildenstein great value for a place id imagine, but Pretty Sunday should be close by as she is drawn just behind the 1 and 2 mentioned. She should be too good and her main danger Quite A Moment.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Quite A Moment and Arber for me

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Perhaps Boort is shorter.

Unfortunately not all clubs have the luxury of fantastic big tracks to race on or the support to develop and grow their club and industry. 25 years ago half mile tracks were the bees knees for the industry. I reckon we will be having this discussion about 1000m tracks in another 25 years!

Really, what did closing these tracks achieve for the industry in a positive way?

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Perhaps Boort is shorter.

Unfortunately not all clubs have the luxury of fantastic big tracks to race on or the support to develop and grow their club and industry. 25 years ago half mile tracks were the bees knees for the industry. I reckon we will be having this discussion about 1000m tracks in another 25 years!

Really, what did closing these tracks achieve for the industry in a positive way?

Boort was the first one that came to mind for me. Having a look online it is listed as being 712m in circumference with a 151m home straight.

Junior Member Foal Gilgamesh will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Paul Facius
    I see that stat on GP on their website but surely the straight has to be longer than that, 2 straights of 160ms only accounts for 320m of an 804m track???

Anyhow Busselton is a dish bowl track we race n over here around the Christmas/new years beak. Good to go to and get a bit of shell grit thrown up in the face as the horses race for the front on the first bend!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Burnie and Broken Hill are two others that would be fairly short too

+ Reply to Thread