Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gloucester Park fixed odds - Who goes up first?

Junior Member Foal Gilgamesh will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Paul Facius

Gloucester Park fixed odds - Who goes up first?

Hey guys just wondering who goes up first with their fixed odds prices for GP? Last Friday it looked to me like bet365 were up reasonably early along with sportsbet, does anyone know if that is usually the case and is there anyone else I should look out for?

Also does a betfair market ever get going on GP?

Cheers.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    You're spot on with those two corporates u mentioned Paul. For Fridays at GP u will generally get 2-3 early race markets from Sportsbet on the Wednesday evening. They (SB) have been going up with the remainder of the meeting a little earlier than usual these days (Fri morning AEST) in response to B365 who are posting fixed prices at least 24hrs before the 1st for ALL trot venues. The only other corporate to keep an eye on is Tattsbet.....if there is a listed race on the program they generally have a market up on Wed/Thur.
    Best of luck in retaining an account with the above mentioned if u show any ability.
    Betfair liquidity is ok for the top 3 in the market, other than that forget it.
    Cheers

Real Name
    Paul Facius
    Thanks a lot Brent, Wednesday evening that's interesting. The reason I ask is I don't usually look but while on holidays in melb for the spring carnival I had a bit of a look through and managed to get 40/1 EW Dreadlock Rockstar on the Friday morning and he ended up going around at somewhere around 10/1 and running a drum so I'm interested in seeing if the glaring overs are a regular thing.

If I see any I think are I'll let you know!!

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    $5- the place (B365) was stealing wasn't it Paul. It was my best of the weekend trailing the $1.50 fav in that sprint.

Real Name
    Paul Facius
    So here's what i'm liking at the opening prices. Sportsbets nice prices IMO are R3 The Pacing Priest seems a sensational price at the $17, don't mind Jacka Felix at $31/$8 in the same race. I don't think we'll be getting anything better than the $2.60 currently available on Bettors Fire, and am having something on Ruben Brogden at $17. Soho Lenon at $5.50 bet 365 seems massive even with Jones driving. Jumbo Jet at $2.25 is nice with them as well and think they have the last race market completely wrong, I'm not super confident on Majorly Foxy Styx winning but I'm happy to have a punt and find out with her at $3.60, think she'll go around odds on!

I'm confident I've got the best prices on all these runners, just need them to do their bit now!

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    WAHarnessStewards have tactics / COT up on their feed on Thursday. They do everything better over there. It's a must if you're betting early.

Soho Lennon is restraining Paul. They're attempting to lead throughout with Copper from the pole. The two mates drawn inside of Lennon attempting to find forward positions. I think he'll start longer than the $5.50.

If the 3 gets cover from the mate after having a crack for the lead, the $31 and $8.50 on 365 is good value.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    search for WAHarnessStewards on Twitter.

Real Name
    Paul Facius
    Bugger should have waited an hour or so before I got on as effectively I think that puts him out of it, basically has less than zero chance of slotting in anywhere and will spend the better part of the first lap 3 wide restraining to last only for it half a lap later have to go 3 wide again if it wants to be involved in the race. Happy to say I think they've got that plan wrong. Under those circumstances I might have something on Three Blind Mice with the soft run. I see he has come into $4 bet 365 so someone has more confidence than me that he will be able to find a spot.

Interesting the 2 in R6 Absolute Cool wants to shoot for an all the way win. With WWC getting up outside it there might be a hot speed setting it up for Deluxe Edition and Jungle Jennie.

I was expecting an announcement that Polak would be looking for a forward position with the hood going on and some pretty good early support, especially with him having been restrained at each start so far this time in.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Betting early always leaves one open to changes in the race, hopefully, it is made worthwhile with the prices you have secured......always stick to your own opinion......it's the best way to learn, and win bigger!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    So here's what i'm liking at the opening prices. Sportsbets nice prices IMO are R3 The Pacing Priest seems a sensational price at the $17, don't mind Jacka Felix at $31/$8 in the same race. I don't think we'll be getting anything better than the $2.60 currently available on Bettors Fire, and am having something on Ruben Brogden at $17. Soho Lenon at $5.50 bet 365 seems massive even with Jones driving. Jumbo Jet at $2.25 is nice with them as well and think they have the last race market completely wrong, I'm not super confident on Majorly Foxy Styx winning but I'm happy to have a punt and find out with her at $3.60, think she'll go around odds on!

I'm confident I've got the best prices on all these runners, just need them to do their bit now!
    Paul, you did well with your tips......you were right, you got overs on the early markets and backed a few winners!..........good to see!

+ Reply to Thread