Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Ah NZ

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Unbelievable - Sky 2 has a 17min lead into Sha Tin - how easily could the $200k PGG Wrightson have been telecast!
    Have you an opinion on this TC?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    It's consistent with the continual breaches of the agreements between NZ and Australian TAB's and racing industry organisations.
    I guess I should be happy to see on this side of the ditch as much or more Australian racing than I care for but with your example above and the total lack of i.e.nil coverage and betting opportunities on what is Addington's 3rd biggest meeting of the year Easter Saturday. I'm glad the aforementioned agreements are up for renegotiation this year and NZ is keen to right some of these wrongs. After all our TAB pools are intermingled into TABCORP pools so when they do things like this punters, industry participants and the whole industry miss out from prizemoney, turnover and the opportunity to bet and collect.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Does NZ have a list of stallions anywhere?
    For Aust we have
    http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/studs/INDEX2.HTM
    For NZ I can only find
    http://issuu.com/nzsba/docs/2014-15_siresregister
    which will cost me $25 to download
    Not that I want the full register but the same thing cost $0 for Aust stallions
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    John Curtin of JC International, the man who brings you Harnesslink has some interesting things to say in the latest Insider Access which you can have emailed to you free - the very first tab at the top of any Harnesslink News page is how to subscribe

He is critical of the levy on all imported horses from New Zealand:

The reality was it didn't do anything for the Australian breeder with no great increase in breeding numbers and it has devastated the market for low priced horses being imported into Australia from New Zealand

Later in his criticism of the HRNZ Board he however praises the board of HRNSW including

In an effort to promote the local breed, Harness Racing New South Wales have set up the Colonial Bred Stallion scheme.
    Under this scheme, any mare that produces a live foal to a colonial stallion is eligible for a $500 payment from Harness Racing New South Wales.

You would think that while the levy is having the effect of reducing racing numbers the Colonial scheme is looking to addressing the problem

The biggest thing I gained from this issue of Insider Access (which I must remember to always read from now on) was this link

http://www.harnesslink.com/New-Zeala...iral-continues

This sad summary of harness racing in NZ written a couple of months ago is something everyone needs to read
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Some very strong and correct words of wisdom from JC, Those salaries are staggering, NZ certainly has quite a few people sitting on big fat pay cheques who are underachieving, HRNZ are not alone in this department but they certainly need people involved that have a bit of business acumen and people who have experience in the game at the grassroots level and who are willing to listen to the masses and implement some of the better ideas.

+ Reply to Thread