Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ah NZ

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Adore Me sat parked for the Flying Mile and broke the Tk Rec
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It looked like it must have been a special meet at Richmond Park TC

How so????

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Adore Me went super again, 1.51.6, Last 1/2 55 Flat sitting outside the leader. What size is the Waikato track please Tony???

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    You'd suspect it's a km Rich......Aaron White said 'with a thousand to go' right at the post with one to go.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    that's right exactly.
    http://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gas/wa/r/i...ckNumber&Arg=9

Previous NZ record for a mare 1:52.1
    All comers record 1:50.6 (Border Control @ Ashburton Jewels (1500 metres Track)

Heading your way with Follow the Stars Tuesday.
    Last edited by teecee; 01-09-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Thanks Brent and Tony, I was just keeping my eye on the horses with the volume turned down, It looked like she was struggling coming to the corner but she was just playing with (The)Gold Ace.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    How so????
    Only saw vision of one race but there were lots of Marquees on the inside of the track along the home str
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Only saw vision of one race but there were lots of Marquees on the inside of the track along the home str

It's something you see a lot of around the country in Dec and Jan.
    Dec has Xmas at the Races which caters for people and work places to have staff Xmas parties and family picnics.
    Jan is labelled Summer racing festival.
    They are promo programmes run by Racing Board (TAB) to attract new people to the races on track. Heaps of sidelight attractions for families and kids. In fact the racing tends to become the sidelight to the main event of entertainment throughout the day.
    The idea is to attract new (younger and families) to the track to experience racing. It's in the holidays season when racing is around the holiday hotspots so is very popular for what it is but the flow on effect is questionable. (Not really well researched) and turnovers are not increased proportionately to the vastly increased crowds on track at these meetings. Some say it's a good idea but if you're a regular it can be annoying to say the least. I know of numerous regular racegoers who have been put off going on these days and personally I have had two uncomfortable experiences which have led me to boycott such days as both a spectator / punter and owner / trainer.

Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    I don't know if anyone caught the Kumara Gallops meeting yesterday if it was or not shown on Sky. It's one of those icon meetings where everyone who wants to be anyone goes if you are within 2-3 hours of the track. They always get huge crowds. Very much reminds me of Oakbank races in SA. (without the jumps)
    yesterday's meeting included a "Fashions in the Field" competition for men and ladies. Prizes in the ladies category were the normal fashion type prizes but in true keeping with the "bush" community, the men's prize was, according to commentator Mark McNamara, $500 hunting and shooting equipment. No doubt one of the largest entry numbers for a male FinF comp.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    I don't know if anyone caught the Kumara Gallops meeting yesterday if it was or not shown on Sky. It's one of those icon meetings where everyone who wants to be anyone goes if you are within 2-3 hours of the track. They always get huge crowds. Very much reminds me of Oakbank races in SA. (without the jumps)
    yesterday's meeting included a "Fashions in the Field" competition for men and ladies. Prizes in the ladies category were the normal fashion type prizes but in true keeping with the "bush" community, the men's prize was, according to commentator Mark McNamara, $500 hunting and shooting equipment. No doubt one of the largest entry numbers for a male FinF comp.
    and the winner was
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread