Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sky has fallen

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Sky has fallen

Anybody else get virtually nothing (see pic) on Skyracing website tonight?
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    It is very frustrating when this happens, all you can do is keep closing down and re-starting your computer, to try & get it to work! I also hate the interstate rivalry which does not allow certain races to be shown on the internet! Yesterday, there were so many meetings on Sky could not keep up with pace, and not all races were getting the coverage they deserve, it is getting to the point where the gallops should be on Sky 1, and the trots and dogs on Sky 2..........Sky are also interfering and bringing up the "No Vision Screen' 3 minutes before a gallops race is to be shown, and not showing the races that are running at the time............so they can update the upcoming gallops race............the gallops have absolute power & control over what is being shown on Sky............Sky needs to rethink its coverage especially with the gallops invading the other races on a Friday night for example! Where are the trots & dogs administrators......why aren't they complaining about the poor deal being given to these codes on coverage!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    With last night's Melton Race 5 running ridiculously late we were relegated to Sky 2 as much as anything for a Dogs race! I really fear with the advent of Night Gallops our days could be numbered if we do not claim certain timeslots as our very own eg. Wednesday and Saturday nights

ps Skyracing back to normal this morning
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Kev, I don't hear anybody else complaining!..........maybe they don't care!...........or are we whingers? Was there any mention of this in the recent "Harness Punting Report." Sky probably think they are doing their best!.........what a joke!
    Next, you'll have, Dan Mielicki spruiking............."they turn for home in R5 Melton....runners spread across the track........5 horses ducking for the sprint lane!"..............BANG!..........GAZOOK!........ ..switch to Moonee Valley races as they load for the next!

Member Gelding NormanS will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Norman Schwarz
    Occupation
    Franchise Owner
    Horses
    Love This Dragon, Aussie Melody, Love Th
    Was not happy when I went to watch my horse go round at Newcastle last night (race 5) even less happy when only able to listen to the call and my pony was called tailed of. Then 45 minutes later when able to watch the replay saw that he went to the line hard held with no clear run....

aussiebreno
    Pretty poor form cutting Fred off as he was about to give the mile rate in the Coca Cola Sprint too cut off to a SEW Eurodrive ad.

Bendigo Race 6 running late. Pushed to Sky 2 so wouldn't miss Toowoomba gallops on Sky 1. Richmond greys have to hold 2-3 minutes. Bendigo finish. Switch back to Sky 1 and Toowoomba not even started yet. Poor form.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    What is Gareth doing in there! SKY 1 & 2 need to be going constantly!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Pretty poor form cutting Fred off as he was about to give the mile rate in the Coca Cola Sprint too cut off to a SEW Eurodrive ad.

Bendigo Race 6 running late. Pushed to Sky 2 so wouldn't miss Toowoomba gallops on Sky 1. Richmond greys have to hold 2-3 minutes. Bendigo finish. Switch back to Sky 1 and Toowoomba not even started yet. Poor form.
    Like I said Brendan - it is crunch time and we have to be able to beat gallops like Toowoomba or else we are going to be dead in the water
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Gloucester Park on Friday nights are bang on time.

When's the last time a score up commenced at Menangle before a race wasn't at least a couple of minutes late ?

The industry is it's own worst enemy.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    Gloucester Park on Friday nights are bang on time.

When's the last time a score up commenced at Menangle before a race wasn't at least a couple of minutes late ?

The industry is it's own worst enemy.

Have to agree Bob.

I am certain too the "clock" on SKY is a minute fast, giving the illusion that all races run one minute past start time. When I called dog races the SKY clock would show say -1.00 on the screen (one minute over time) yet my watch and the tote monitor in the box still showed 1 minute to start time.

If the stewards are going off their own watch (makes sense if you are facing the track watching what is unfolding and not with your back turned watching a monitor in the back of the tower), you will always appear to be a minute late according to SKY.

Plus also factor in the delay courtesy of the satellite signal which places the SKY telecast seconds behind "real time" and you are running late before you even start. It might only be a matter of seconds but it all adds up on a busy racing schedule.

Perhaps they should do a "results service only" on anything that runs deliberately late - that might smarten the process up.

+ Reply to Thread