I've got to say, the whole linebreeding/outcrossing thing is a fair bit of a wank IMO and I say that because there have been & are many examples of either approach producing top class racehorses.
Further to that, what focussing solely on either approach also commits is the age old crime of producing bits of paper that comply with theory... instead of taking into account the likely outcome of a mating between the flesh & blood individuals before you.
Studs & Stallion Owners have their own ideas of course but they have pretty much always given tacit and at times active approval to virtually any horse breeding theory that there has ever been...linebreeding, outcrossing, duplicating female lines, cycle breeding, magic crystals, skip three times round the toadstools and throw a dart, all the fun of the Fair, all the bullshit under the Sun, because by doing so they don't alient a potential customer who might hold one or more of those approaches dear. That I can understand.
Breeding Consultants however, by and large they're just theoretically obsessed Charlatans who, if you were look into their backgrounds, more often than not have never once aimed up with their own razoos and produced so much as a single horse worth a feed. That does not however stop them offering to reveal to you, in return for a fee, that which you could just as easily find out for yourself.
Like Chuck D & Flavor Flav from Public Enemy said....Don't believe the hype.