Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: State of NSW Harness Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    I'd have to agree fully with every point, there's a lot of people who would like to see it go back the way it was. I'd also add trainers and owners should be able to place there horse/horses in what race they want to put them in..
    I agree Dallas, it just seems absurd for it should be a given
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    3 new trainers added to my VIC winners database tonight after Shep
    All from NSW - we might have to bring in a toll for South bound traffic on the Murray bridges
    (I think a trend is developing NSW admin)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    3 new trainers added to my VIC winners database tonight after Shep
    All from NSW - we might have to bring in a toll for South bound traffic on the Murray bridges
    (I think a trend is developing NSW admin)
    I think this trend may have a lot to do with the lack of prizemoney for C class races state wide. If you compare the average prizemoney level in Vic against NSW I think it will answer the question. Don't get me started on the handicaping system in NSW.
    Last edited by Race For Fun; 12-04-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    It seems to me the trainers are leaving, the horses are leaving either to Queensland or Victoria, its time to wake up John Dumesny and the board of NSW Harness Racing.

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Truer Memorial - What an embarrassment!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Truer Memorial - What an embarrassment!!!
    Yes, HRNSW have "let the team down"...........the MM was a disaster from a betting point of view, and betting is the ultimate reason racing exists!........with just over $550K held on the 3 main TAB's.......this is less than the $750,000 prizemoney for the MM...........they would have been better off thinking about the "whole team" of clubs, and keeping back say $50,000, and boosting the Treuer to $80,000 plus prizemoney, and we may not have lost Christen Me & Terror to Love to the Cranbourne Cup this week, and maybe Beau might have started also...........good on Cranbourne for "stealing" these supreme horses..............poor effort HRNSW in not having the foresight or conviction to support the Bankstown Club and maintain the Treuer Memorial! It just shows a hell bent determination to kick these other clubs when they are down for their own, 'I am the master position"............you may have got what you want!.......but the cost to the industry as a whole could be insurmountable! You need to rethink your "Master Plan" for the industry as a whole very quickly!

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    Yes, HRNSW have "let the team down"...........the MM was a disaster from a betting point of view, and betting is the ultimate reason racing exists!........with just over $550K held on the 3 main TAB's.......this is less than the $750,000 prizemoney for the MM...........they would have been better off thinking about the "whole team" of clubs, and keeping back say $50,000, and boosting the Treuer to $80,000 plus prizemoney, and we may not have lost Christen Me & Terror to Love to the Cranbourne Cup this week, and maybe Beau might have started also...........good on Cranbourne for "stealing" these supreme horses..............poor effort HRNSW in not having the foresight or conviction to support the Bankstown Club and maintain the Treuer Memorial! It just shows a hell bent determination to kick these other clubs when they are down for their own, 'I am the master position"............you may have got what you want!.......but the cost to the industry as a whole could be insurmountable! You need to rethink your "Master Plan" for the industry as a whole very quickly!
    Using the size of the tote pools for last weeks race in no means gives a true indication of the total amount wagered on the mile Steve. Across the board the figure would be near 10 fold the amount u mention.

I do agree the Treuer is disappointing this year (I have no clue if hrnsw could/should have lended a helping hand) but the club are hopeful of returning it to a 100K race next season......here's certainly hoping.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    you can no longer use tote pools as an indication of wagering. The actual amount wagered on fixed odds with the TAB's and corps would be far greater...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    I don't like making assumptions or not having the relevant facts.............but there is an extreme disbelief that the MM was a profit maker for harness racing! These same horses that competed in the MM have rushed to VIC to race for $100K prizemoney pool!
    HRNSW enticed them here with big prizemoney for the MM, and perhaps could have kept them here a week longer! What a great thing for NSW!
    Maybe, HRNSW should just change the name of the $30K race at Menangle on a Saturday night, and call them the "Treuer", "J D Watts" or the "Renshaw Cup", and save these now almost defunct clubs from trying to survive in there own rights, and let them fizzle out, as they are almost now extinct anyway!

Member Gelding Mister JayKO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stu Black
    My only comment would be don't confuse HRNSW with the NSWHRC they are very different beasts although it matters not. It is sad to see what has become of the Truer and despite what the club may think, Bankstown appears to be a relic of what looks to be a bygone era, I can't see them generating the funds to get back to where they need to be.

+ Reply to Thread