Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: State of NSW Harness Racing

aussiebreno
    Good effort Wagga to get 7 heats together.

Maybe less money should be distributed Sydney centric and more money Riverina huh.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    (Is it) Good to see Hillier's doing their bit for harness racing/driver's championship/Wagga/penalty free....S Hillier that is.
    Last edited by arlington; 02-23-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Shame it could not be shared around.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    (Is it) Good to see Hillier's doing their bit for harness racing/driver's championship/Wagga/penalty free....S Hillier that is.
    True.

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Have to say reading the evidence I find this hearing laughable. Parking aside all of your preconceived thoughts and prejudice I could not image any court in the free world finding a decision like the Hillier case. Imagine being convicted on such a circumstantial case for murder,PLEASE!!
    Perhaps the mushroom mentality is in place in NSW harness racing

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Looking at todays fields at Menangle, in particular the C5 or better races, it appears having a field of 8 is more important than grading.
    Why have a spread of C5 to C12 in race 6 and then C5 to C34 in race 9.
    They could have had a C5 to C7 but only 7 starters, then C8 or better.
    It is obvious these spreads are not in the participants best interest but in TAB turnover.
    Want to break a C5 or C6 heart....this is the best way

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Have to say reading the evidence I find this hearing laughable. Parking aside all of your preconceived thoughts and prejudice I could not image any court in the free world finding a decision like the Hillier case. Imagine being convicted on such a circumstantial case for murder,PLEASE!!
    Perhaps the mushroom mentality is in place in NSW harness racing

Should I repost/edit Pena? Parking aside supposed preconceived thoughts and prejudices, Hilliers aren't the only pebbles on the beach in Australian harness racing in not acting outside of the rules in swapping the training over to a spouse/partner. When is a penalty a penalty...probabilities versus possibilities aside.

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Wayne I don't disagree that this practice should not be allowed to happen. However, I ask you a question. I believe that during The Voice of Reasons (Michael Beattie) reign there was at least some transparency with regards Stewards Enquiries etc. I have tried to locate a number of the facts from recent Stewards Enquiries (Particularly cobalt related) and to be honest there used to be detailed records of the enquiries, up until a couple of years ago but now all we receive is a 5 paragraph media statement from HRNSW (with the exception of the Hillier Justification)
    It is a joke!!!
    I never thought I would say this but bring back the Voice.(Stop bagging you former colleagues in SA)

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Ok Jack, you're asking me my opinion on transparency now versus M Beattie's time? I don't have a hassle with transparency in that a lot of what transpired during the McDowell/Day cases would have been replicated in other cobalt cases. Pretty open there. Similarly with the Green Light scandal.
    Whether it's apt to use the word pedantic, I'm not sure.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    I'm sure that I will regret this but here goes. Who was the head steward when the green light affair was in full swing?

IMHO the fact that there are a large number of "positives" for different substances speaks volumes for the work being done by the current stewards. I surpose full transcripts would be a nice to have but I'm satisfied with the fact that the cheats are being caught.

+ Reply to Thread