Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: State of NSW Harness Racing

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Ooooooh dear does my bum look big in that??????????????

You simply have too much time on your hands.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Just resting after a 125k return trip to Willaura bakery so that I could have one of the world's greatest lamingtons for lunch - hmm, you might be right about having too much time on my hands.
    We do not want people focusing too hard on your bum or else the censor might remove it
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    There is definetely something not right as just compared prize money and Nsw is the best, so you wouldn't think that stables would relocate to race for less money.Can understand that they may take certain horses for the country cups etc but the whole stable?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    There is definetely something not right as just compared prize money and Nsw is the best, so you wouldn't think that stables would relocate to race for less money.Can understand that they may take certain horses for the country cups etc but the whole stable?
    Are you referring to the Mollander stable Brian? Are they a serious trotting gait stable? Could HRV's objective to have 30% trots races also have something to do with it?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Are you referring to the Mollander stable Brian? Are they a serious trotting gait stable? Could HRV's objective to have 30% trots races also have something to do with it?
    Molander has pacers as well. Poacher to name but one.

As for just taking one down for a few months and leaving the rest in Sydney, someones still got to train them back home, think of the extra bills. Might be a bit different if you are a big stable but for the the smaller 5 or 6 horse stables I would say it is too costly to have multiple stables and staff.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Also, most of the Molander stable horses are owned in NZ, so it does not really have an impact on where they are located.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    I think property prices may have played a large part of this decision. Another reason why Menangles barn complex will be popular (if the rent is reasonable of course)

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Probably more the Rattray stable.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by djgood View Post
    The system is easy fixed
    1) return to restricted meetings and country/metro class meetings
    2) pick restricted fields from lowest points up to a maximum of 20 points, if your above 20 points your horse is in decent form and shouldnt be racing for 3000 dollars
    3)use only one concession either concession driver or mares but cant use both
    4)add drop back clauses in races like-C2C3 also eligble C4 won less than 1000 last 4 every race should have a drop back clause in it to give out of form horses more options
    I'd have to agree fully with every point, there's a lot of people who would like to see it go back the way it was. I'd also add trainers and owners should be able to place there horse/horses in what race they want to put them in..

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by djgood View Post
    The system is easy fixed
    1) return to restricted meetings and country/metro class meetings
    2) pick restricted fields from lowest points up to a maximum of 20 points, if your above 20 points your horse is in decent form and shouldnt be racing for 3000 dollars
    3)use only one concession either concession driver or mares but cant use both
    4)add drop back clauses in races like-C2C3 also eligble C4 won less than 1000 last 4 every race should have a drop back clause in it to give out of form horses more options
    I think you're well and truly on the right track here David. Do Victoria have something along the line of selecting the fields from the bottom up in restricted races?

I don't think mares should get a class and driver let up especially if the race is then preferential draw sex (that's 3 concessions). Only point that I differ on is point 4. If they picked the restricted races from the bottom up that's the concession for out of form horses, otherwise the system then gives the out of form horse 2 let ups like mares have now.

No one could say that this current system has improved racing in NSW because everyone knows how often nominations are extended for all meetings (it's not the change of season 2 and 3 year olds). We all have the text messages from HRNSW to inform us. How long do you think until someone, anyone at HRNSW admits this just isn't working?
    Last edited by Race For Fun; 11-20-2014 at 07:24 PM. Reason: typo

+ Reply to Thread