Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: State of NSW Harness Racing

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Wasn't there a court case a few years ago something to do with these betting agencies paying a percentage?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Yes there was, but times have changed, and what has been the result of this, especially for Harness Racing........some punters on harness racing are saying their accounts are being cancelled by these betting agencies! It's time for a review, minimum rules put in place and a review of fees etc, should be on the cards!
    The SKY Channel coverage on harness racing is hopeless!...........there are more & more meetings in all codes, they cannot cope and give "proper" coverage to all codes! As harness racing keeps getting shoved to the bottom of the queue by SKY, and the poor coverage it will just have the effect of turning off punters to bet on harness racing, if they are getting chucked to SKY 2 all the time!
    Last Saturdays gallops meetings for instance.....nearly all the gallops races were running late starting, and the SKY director on the day, just chucked the race to SKY 2, until a race began on it's allocated time and it then stayed on SKY 1. Harness racing has a habit of not starting on time, and this puts it in the bottom feeder queue for coverage!
    Have you watched SKY on the internet? You can have access if you are a member or have a TAB account.......e.g. if you are in NSW, you sometimes can't watch gallops race in VIC, and visa versa.........also 3 minutes before a designated gallops race in the other state, the vision showing goes blank while they give an update on the gallops race coming up! So if you are watching a current race, your vision stops! I think it is time that this cross state demarcation dispute ends, and that the best coverage for punters is the paramount concern!
    There is a new racing minister in NSW, we need something done! The gallops got $10 mill to continue "The Championships" next year, Rosehill racecourse just got $20 mill to upgrade facilities!............where does it end?

Member Filly kung fu man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    Yes there was, but times have changed, and what has been the result of this, especially for Harness Racing........some punters on harness racing are saying their accounts are being cancelled by these betting agencies! It's time for a review, minimum rules put in place and a review of fees etc, should be on the cards!
    The SKY Channel coverage on harness racing is hopeless!...........there are more & more meetings in all codes, they cannot cope and give "proper" coverage to all codes! As harness racing keeps getting shoved to the bottom of the queue by SKY, and the poor coverage it will just have the effect of turning off punters to bet on harness racing, if they are getting chucked to SKY 2 all the time!
    Last Saturdays gallops meetings for instance.....nearly all the gallops races were running late starting, and the SKY director on the day, just chucked the race to SKY 2, until a race began on it's allocated time and it then stayed on SKY 1. Harness racing has a habit of not starting on time, and this puts it in the bottom feeder queue for coverage!
    Have you watched SKY on the internet? You can have access if you are a member or have a TAB account.......e.g. if you are in NSW, you sometimes can't watch gallops race in VIC, and visa versa.........also 3 minutes before a designated gallops race in the other state, the vision showing goes blank while they give an update on the gallops race coming up! So if you are watching a current race, your vision stops! I think it is time that this cross state demarcation dispute ends, and that the best coverage for punters is the paramount concern!
    There is a new racing minister in NSW, we need something done! The gallops got $10 mill to continue "The Championships" next year, Rosehill racecourse just got $20 mill to upgrade facilities!............where does it end?
    It was my belief you could only access live stream if you were a punter of a certain leve, higher than bronze i think or you paid a yearly charge correct me if its changed.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu man View Post
    It was my belief you could only access live stream if you were a punter of a certain leve, higher than bronze i think or you paid a yearly charge correct me if its changed.
    TAB members can view every trot race on a 25 second delay on their app (not sure if it is also available on the full site). No turnover limitations.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    Wasn't there a court case a few years ago something to do with these betting agencies paying a percentage?
    Sure was. 2% on turnover. I'm not too sure what Rich was referring to in post #49 however??

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    OK, I have a platinum membership of something like that, and did not know everybody could not access the coverage........that is stupid, give it to everybody and you will get more people betting, especially in remote areas or those that do not have SKY Channel!

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    ........some punters on harness racing are saying their accounts are being cancelled by these betting agencies! It's time for a review, minimum rules put in place and a review of fees etc, should be on the cards!
    Don't hold your breath. The monies lost to the industry through account limitations/closures is way down the list.....well behind making sure the corporates are cosy & happy in their 250k tax haven. The minimum bet rule hasn't really worked in the gallops and has Buckley's chance at the trots!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    [QUOTE=brent_L;38849]Sure was. 2% on turnover. I'm not too sure what Rich was referring to in post #49 however??
    G'day Brent, Might have been wrong with that comment but I thought that I heard or read that some corporates trading out of the Nothern Territory were getting away with paying nothing, I really hope that I'm wrong.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    [QUOTE=Richard prior;38853]
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Sure was. 2% on turnover. I'm not too sure what Rich was referring to in post #49 however??
    G'day Brent, Might have been wrong with that comment but I thought that I heard or read that some corporates trading out of the Nothern Territory were getting away with paying nothing, I really hope that I'm wrong.
    Pretty sure it's 2% on turnover for race field privileges but the scary fact is they only pay 10 per cent gross margin tax capped at 250k if they're licensed in the NT. Saves them millions!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    [QUOTE=brent_L;38855]
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Pretty sure it's 2% on turnover for race field privileges but the scary fact is they only pay 10 per cent gross margin tax capped at 250k if they're licensed in the NT. Saves them millions!
    That needs to be addressed!!!

+ Reply to Thread