Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Time for Harness Racing's PR employees to Step Up

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Time for Harness Racing's PR employees to Step Up

I have had to attach this blurry image or you would not believe it. I could not find a link and being a Melbourne story I doubt there will be a SMH link - usually the best way to get an Age story link.
    Yep the The Age has a full page feelgood story promoting the doggies on Pg.3. As the snip shows, it even encroached on pg2

To those who are supposed to be doing Harness Racing's PR, some have not expected you to be able to compete with the gallops PR but after this doggies story all I can say is - you have been left in the boxes!

It does not have to be a big news story - just get us some coverage. Maybe get the cameras there for the next start of A Bit Of Bling. The general public love unusually marked horses

Do anything because I fear we are 'going to the dogs'
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    First step would be to hire some PR people !!!!!!
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Agreed! It definitely would help the industry! Don't these head honcho's know this, or shouldn't they already know this? It's not rocket science..

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Just back from a bushwalk and the plan is clear

We get the OK from Dreamworks and we make Michelle Wight and Kerrie Hymers an attractive offer and then we hit the media with

SPIRIT IS A HARNESS RACING HORSE

with the attached pic (or a better one of Bling with less gear)
    We make it known that Spirit will be doing exhibition laps at 7.20pm each Saturday night of December leading up to Christmas - on the 6th at the Cranbourne Cup, on the 13th at the Ballararat Cup and on the 20th at Tabcorp Park Melton
    Admission is free, there will be Spirit gifts for the children etc etc

Who knows it may suit Michelle's training program to give him a fast lap after a warm up

It is a no-brainer. Remember all the people who have said it was an early experience that got them hooked on harness racing

December would be great for the above clubs (and Spirit has just started his first racing campaign and is in serious work) but maybe January would do

HRV pm me and let me know what you think
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Could it have a race with Spirit, Flicka, Fury and Racing Stripes and if anyone else can add to the field that would be good. You wouldn't have been out in the sun if you were in NSW it's over 40 degrees..........

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Rose and Gerry are a nice couple Kev. I have known them since before they were famous. At least Gerry did mention the trots in the article though!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Those dogs are in the headlines again Kev...

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/fo...26-11u1wa.html

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is sickening how they keep getting the publicity
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Just caught up with ABOB's 2nd start at Charlton on Monday = public appearances are his future.
    Smoken you were right (see ABOB thread) - he will never win a race and I do not think he is doing his stud career any favours (would have been better to keep his lack of ability/speed a secret)

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#CHC24111404

Getting off topic - some improvement by Magic Attack to win that race and notch his first win in 3½ yrs despite death seating in nice time (someone fancied him as he was only 18/1 after being 124/1 the previous week when he did little)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    When I click on my number 2 favourite page (this is of course number 1 )

http://www.harness.org.au/vic.cfm

Of the 3 featured stories (with pics in the box) I keep seeing one that is an ad for a Harness Review program back in April (so old that if you click on the link you cannot get it). I know the featured stories are just a lucky dip from recent News Room stories but we have to do better/more recent than this - it is a waste of a promotional opportunity, when people bring up the page to get fields or results.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread