This weekend also features the running of the Golden Nugget and Treuer Memorial in the pacing ranks.

With 175K up for grabs the Nugget is the weekends richest event. Hall Snr looks to have a stranglehold on the race with 6 of the 12 starters including likely odds on fav and potential superstar Waylade. The barrier draw will be conducted later today. I have my fingers crossed that classy mare Libertybelle Midfrew draws to lead as I reckon she goes like a learjet on the pegs.....she would then be a worthy foe to the favourite. The query runner in the race is the Mick Brennan NZ import Billies A Star who is first up in the west. Surprisingly (at least to me), ace reinsman Luke McCarthy is booked to travel over and steer.

The Treuer Memorial is having somewhat of a gap year. With the club in financial trouble, the race this year is worth only 30K and looks more like an M2-M3 event. Here's hoping that Bankstown can sort through its issues and we see the race return to the Grand Circuit level next year. It's a who's who on the honour roll of the Treuer with past champions including Village Kid, Westburn Grant, Jack Morris, Golden Reign, Our Sir Vancelot, Christian Cullen & Blackie just to name a few. This years winner won't fit into that category but we still should see a competitive affair. Tappy has the odds on fav & likely leader in Chariot King (1) but things may not go all his way. There looks to be early pressure from Freyberg (3) followed by mid-race pressure from Living Lord (4) & the tough Heza Thrill (5) who is however first up. If there is just a little too much spice early/mid race Hes Kinky (9) could spoil the party late. I'll have the beer money on him at 15/1 e/w first up for team McCarthy.

Ash can take care of the feature trot that's on Satdy night but surely if u just had the house on the favourite ($1.30) u could build a kick ass games room with the winnings! Ash??