Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2014/15 Summer Carnival - feature race thread

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    This weekend also features the running of the Golden Nugget and Treuer Memorial in the pacing ranks.

With 175K up for grabs the Nugget is the weekends richest event. Hall Snr looks to have a stranglehold on the race with 6 of the 12 starters including likely odds on fav and potential superstar Waylade. The barrier draw will be conducted later today. I have my fingers crossed that classy mare Libertybelle Midfrew draws to lead as I reckon she goes like a learjet on the pegs.....she would then be a worthy foe to the favourite. The query runner in the race is the Mick Brennan NZ import Billies A Star who is first up in the west. Surprisingly (at least to me), ace reinsman Luke McCarthy is booked to travel over and steer.

The Treuer Memorial is having somewhat of a gap year. With the club in financial trouble, the race this year is worth only 30K and looks more like an M2-M3 event. Here's hoping that Bankstown can sort through its issues and we see the race return to the Grand Circuit level next year. It's a who's who on the honour roll of the Treuer with past champions including Village Kid, Westburn Grant, Jack Morris, Golden Reign, Our Sir Vancelot, Christian Cullen & Blackie just to name a few. This years winner won't fit into that category but we still should see a competitive affair. Tappy has the odds on fav & likely leader in Chariot King (1) but things may not go all his way. There looks to be early pressure from Freyberg (3) followed by mid-race pressure from Living Lord (4) & the tough Heza Thrill (5) who is however first up. If there is just a little too much spice early/mid race Hes Kinky (9) could spoil the party late. I'll have the beer money on him at 15/1 e/w first up for team McCarthy.

Ash can take care of the feature trot that's on Satdy night but surely if u just had the house on the favourite ($1.30) u could build a kick ass games room with the winnings! Ash??

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    The query runner in the race is the Mick Brennan NZ import Billies A Star who is first up in the west. Surprisingly (at least to me), ace reinsman Luke McCarthy is booked to travel over and steer.

If you really wanted to build a serious games room complements of a serious racehorse.
    I think they may have bought him on Luke reco when over for the cup meeting confirmed with a stylish win Race 2 day 2

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    U just burnt the price boss!!

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    This is the race on FFA/Dominion day teecee is talking about.

http://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gas/wa/r/i...rID&Arg=206038

He looks to have a tonne of ability....they very rarely win like that.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Lets hope they all stay for Ballarat too, how'd that be?
    CM
    TTL
    BEAU
    GUARANTEED
    Philadelphia Man, thats an ID Final right there...

Guess you haven't seen this Ash...
    http://www.hrnz.co.nz/news-and-event...llion-campaign[/QUOTE]

Nuh, thnku!
    Good to see them both coming back, will be huge if Terror wins at Cranbourne to get the Aussie hoodoo off his back.
    His aura on returning will be glowing bright for the VIC and Hunter Cups...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    This weekend also features the running of the Golden Nugget and Treuer Memorial in the pacing ranks.

With 175K up for grabs the Nugget is the weekends richest event. Hall Snr looks to have a stranglehold on the race with 6 of the 12 starters including likely odds on fav and potential superstar Waylade. The barrier draw will be conducted later today. I have my fingers crossed that classy mare Libertybelle Midfrew draws to lead as I reckon she goes like a learjet on the pegs.....she would then be a worthy foe to the favourite. The query runner in the race is the Mick Brennan NZ import Billies A Star who is first up in the west. Surprisingly (at least to me), ace reinsman Luke McCarthy is booked to travel over and steer.

The Treuer Memorial is having somewhat of a gap year. With the club in financial trouble, the race this year is worth only 30K and looks more like an M2-M3 event. Here's hoping that Bankstown can sort through its issues and we see the race return to the Grand Circuit level next year. It's a who's who on the honour roll of the Treuer with past champions including Village Kid, Westburn Grant, Jack Morris, Golden Reign, Our Sir Vancelot, Christian Cullen & Blackie just to name a few. This years winner won't fit into that category but we still should see a competitive affair. Tappy has the odds on fav & likely leader in Chariot King (1) but things may not go all his way. There looks to be early pressure from Freyberg (3) followed by mid-race pressure from Living Lord (4) & the tough Heza Thrill (5) who is however first up. If there is just a little too much spice early/mid race Hes Kinky (9) could spoil the party late. I'll have the beer money on him at 15/1 e/w first up for team McCarthy.

Ash can take care of the feature trot that's on Satdy night but surely if u just had the house on the favourite ($1.30) u could build a kick ass games room with the winnings! Ash??
    I got $1.40 for Del yesterday i think it was, back out to $1.35 now from the $1.30...
    $1.50 and might start lookin for an architect!

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Teecee's spruik drew the coveted pole in tonight's Nugget in Perth but Luke McCarthy is no longer listed as the driver.....he was down to drive 3 on the card earlier in the week, but unfortunately he's now M.I.A......wonder why??

One corporate went up the juicy odds of $15 Billies A Star.......I hope around midnight tonight I owe u a couple of beers Teecee.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Teecee's spruik drew the coveted pole in tonight's Nugget in Perth but Luke McCarthy is no longer listed as the driver.....he was down to drive 3 on the card earlier in the week, but unfortunately he's now M.I.A......wonder why??

One corporate went up the juicy odds of $15 Billies A Star.......I hope around midnight tonight I owe u a couple of beers Teecee.
    Hmm, Juicy odds alright Brent, Watched the replay and the horse has a ton off ability, Might have to duck up the local TAB and have a wager on him. I think that I'll go up sooner rather than later because I think that we just might have a replay of last nights Thunderstorms in Sydney and being a tall fella, I might be mistaken for a lightning rod lol.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    Im 99% sure CM will hold up!
    Nice call Harvey. Had a small bet FFlutter to place (into KDel @ $6.30) just in case u were on the money.....& u were.....easily held them out! Thanks.

Im Corzin Terror looked to finish off very nicely albeit not anywhere within screenshot of the two kiwi champs.

Junior Member Yearling MJD will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Matthew Dennis
    72 horses have been nominated for the Hunter Cup on Feb 7 & 58 for Victoria Cup on Jan 31, including NZ'ers Terror To Love, Christen Me, Adore Me, Franco Nelson, Franco Ledger, Arden Rooney, Bit Of A Legend & top Australian horses - Beautide, For a Reason, Guaranteed, Philadelphia Man, Keayang Cullen, Keayang Steamer, Lennytheshark, Mach Beauty, Suave Stuey Lombo, Forever Gold. Going to some awesome racing!

+ Reply to Thread