Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2yo Racing 2014-15

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    The Greg Fusinato bred Waikiki Beach just pocketed a neat little $25k NZ winning a Gp2 on derby night at Addington.
    It was a virtual 400m race and the All Stars team saluted with the first four - they did have 5 of the 7 runners

On his way your way Tuesday for what I think is the APG Series...Look Out!!!!
    Last edited by teecee; 03-28-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Mighty impressive again this afternoon Tony, Also liked the run of the Heaven filly from Kept for Pleasure in the same race.

Member Yearling cyclone george will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    greg fusinato
    Thanks boys he went well again, not sure how good the 2yolds are in nz yet . I don't think I've seen a genuine Tempo 2yo race this season so it's hard to tell. Only time will tell.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Interesting first starter today at Goulburn, Spudvegas(Art Major x Colada Hanover) 1/2 brother to Blacks A Fake, Went very nice in 1.57.7 and appeared to have plenty in the tank.

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Ideal Tyson won at Pinjarra today in 1.56.8 sitting in the death all the way. That takes his record to 5 wins from 5 starts.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Well done Anne.... 5 from 5 makes the breeding efforts worthwhile

Seems like American Ideal might be the one to take over from his father Western Ideal.

What was your reason behind this breeding?

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Thanks Noel. I am a big fan of American Ideal, saw him take his record at the Red Mile and love his breeding , very strong on both sides. We had a lot of fun racing Shezacullen and I wanted to introduce some speed and like the 4/4 cross to Direct Scooter. The resultant foal ( Ideal Tyson ) was a big boy and when he was offered at the yearling sale most comments were ' too big, won't make a 2 year old ' . I am happy that he has!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Albatross 4X4 can't hurt either. I saw American Ideal street a field at Freehold ( half miler) in a heat of a stake..can't remember what it was, but he went sore and didn't compete in the final. He was very fast!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Well Noel you have aroused my interest

I am going to suggest American Ideal's dam side could be the key
    The Western line worked very well with Direct Scooter mares - you do not have to look much further than all the progeny of super mare Rich N Elegant (which includes Western Ideals best Rocknroll Hanover)
    7 of her progeny by Western Ideal or Western Hanover averaged nearly $800k in prizemony.

It is therefore no surprise that American Ideal's dam is a Direct Scooter line mare
    Why not breed some more Direct Scooter line with him (which 'breed the best blood of the sire's dam back to him' believers would like)
    which makes Shezacullen a good match
    Ideal Tyson has a very neat 4x4 Direct Scooter (& Albatross) cross

Unfortunately HRA pedigrees only show us to the 3rd gen but Anne's baby has earned a place in the ClassicFamilies db which shows 4th gen

http://classicfamilies.net/HorseDeta...rseID=10172516

All pure conjecture by an amateur who likes to delve
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Anne - I composed the above before reading yours and Noel's replies.
    When I delve I am a bit slow and felt a bit silly on seeing them already up but it is nice to think I was on the right wavelength
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread