Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2yo Racing 2014-15

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Clive On The Park is well named - having been bred by Clive Palmer's Cold Mountain Stud. The Burnett's/Mifsud's traditionally get them up and going early too.
    Dont think cold mountain stud is still operating last time out that way looked deserted to me.

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Be interesting to see if this horse is still around in 6 months time. I think alot of 2 yearsold are raced to hard to early which robs us of seeing great horses in the future going around year in year out. In some ways where starting to look like usa where its 2-3 yearold racing and not as many good horses coming though as older horses.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Amazing to think another horse started $1.10 when you read this

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...at-Maryborough

The final quote however does not quite follow in my book

"I like racing the two-year-olds early in the season; we take our time and get to know a bit about them, that's why I knew Bettermatch was ready today."
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Standardbreds aren't Greyhounds... How many horses, racing from that age, race until they are 8 or more? Anyone have any stats?

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Very early 2 year olds who show a lot of early promise sometimes don't improve as much as the 2 year olds that appear at the races a few months later. Sometimes its because they get tired from too much work to soon but sometimes its just that they go early and never go much faster as they mature. Its a hard one 2 year old racing there is a lot of money to be won in the big races for the few who are good enough but there are a lot of nice horses who never reach their full potential because they are burnt out chasing the good horses. Some owners simply want quick return on their money which is entirely up to them.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    There is a 2 year old race at Leeton tonight. Might be the first one in NSW this season I think....

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The last race of the night - fancy keeping those babies up that late
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

2yo Racing 2014-15

Hey teecee, if you want to roll the 2yo Maryborough thread into here, please do so as I thought I might follow and report on the 2yo's this season

Toni alerted us to NSW's first 2yo race tonight in the Maryborough thread but I figure we cannot keep using a Maryborough thread so therefore the new thread

I think the main attraction the 2yo racing holds for me is that quite often other than trial form and market - all you have to go on for first starters is breeding

At Leeton tonight the one I like for his maternal family is Our Red Jack
    His 2nd dam is a full sister to the 3rd dam of both Kept For Pleasure and Self Denial
    and his dam Glenburn Smoothie would seem to have been quite a fair lightly raced filly and has definitely shown herself to be a producer

http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/r...orse_id=375824

It cannot hurt that iform says he has won trials (without standing out by the sound of it)

http://iform.hrnsw.com.au/Meeting/De...?adv=False&r=6
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Yes Kev, Glenburn Smoothie has done a pretty fair job in the barn, 6 Foals for 5 winners and the 5 winners have all broken 2.00

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Our Red Jack should have won at Leeton but blew the start before finishing 2nd beaten a head.

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...sw#LEC06121401
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread