Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charlton being shafted

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Charlton being shafted

Since when is Monday the restricted class meeting instead of the Sunday?
    Maybe the Mayor of Mildura told them he would not race for R class stakes

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm...&fromstate=vic

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm...&fromstate=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Might be (guessing here) due to the Snowball Series which as the name suggests increases as it goes along. Heats worth x dollars into higher stake semis then a higher stake final.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They're just tricks to pay less prizemoney - run them on a Sunday
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Now that Sunday twilight meets have been pushed back to a later finish (9:30 tonight) day clubs find themselves getting into a Sunday slot less and less, unless you can snag an arvo timeslot of which there only about 12 available to Vic harness for feature events such as Cup races, Crown, Redwood etc.

So clubs such as Charlton, Warragul, Stawell etc are left with Monday's mainly to showcase their events (barely any Friday's now and no Tuesday arvo racing. No Weds or Thurs arvo racing either early in the season when number of meets cut back)

There is a push from the Country Clubs Assoc to secure a trial Saturday slot (either morning/arvo or twilight) of meets to test for popularity (probably Sky 2) - up to HRV to negotiate with SKY on making a timeslot available.

Member Gelding Mister JayKO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stu Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Now that Sunday twilight meets have been pushed back to a later finish (9:30 tonight) day clubs find themselves getting into a Sunday slot less and less, unless you can snag an arvo timeslot of which there only about 12 available to Vic harness for feature events such as Cup races, Crown, Redwood etc.

So clubs such as Charlton, Warragul, Stawell etc are left with Monday's mainly to showcase their events (barely any Friday's now and no Tuesday arvo racing. No Weds or Thurs arvo racing either early in the season when number of meets cut back)

There is a push from the Country Clubs Assoc to secure a trial Saturday slot (either morning/arvo or twilight) of meets to test for popularity (probably Sky 2) - up to HRV to negotiate with SKY on making a timeslot available.
    Many moons ago this was trialled by a few clubs running 4-6 race meetings for restricted prize money and classes of horse. Turnover was incredible in the 5-7pm gap. My understanding is that Menangle moving from Friday's to Saturday's negotiated the earlier start times to cash in on that fact as part of them "giving up" Friday's which allowed Canterbury gallops to run alongside Moonee Valley gallops.

I would be surprised if it would run on Sky 1 which it probably has to to make money. Not sure if the stats differences between Sky 1 & 2 - but they would be fairly significant.

There is a place for restricted racing (different class of horse) provided the mix is right.

Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    I had also heard of earlier starts at Menangle during Winter owing to fog occasionally later in the night.

Some thought I believe has been given to a Saturday late morning slot, as a pipe opener to the day's main racing action.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister JayKO View Post
    Many moons ago this was trialled by a few clubs running 4-6 race meetings for restricted prize money and classes of horse. Turnover was incredible in the 5-7pm gap. My understanding is that Menangle moving from Friday's to Saturday's negotiated the earlier start times to cash in on that fact as part of them "giving up" Friday's which allowed Canterbury gallops to run alongside Moonee Valley gallops.

I would be surprised if it would run on Sky 1 which it probably has to to make money. Not sure if the stats differences between Sky 1 & 2 - but they would be fairly significant.

There is a place for restricted racing (different class of horse) provided the mix is right.
    It is crazy that you have to subscribe to the Sports pack with Foxtel before you can even pay EXTRA! for Sky 2
    I have not decided if I need to add Sports yet so I might try testing their resolve to see if I can just get Sky 2 - after all they have to realize I can watch it for nicks on Sky 2 on my computer
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Double to Leigh Miles. Too good him!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Double to Leigh Miles. Too good him!
    You could do worse than to send Palais to him Paul
    - wait a minute ........
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread