Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The POSITIVES only thread - no ifs or buts

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

The POSITIVES only thread - no ifs or buts

To make sure I balance out my negativity, I am starting this thread and I am going to keep it going (with your help I hope). I think I may have started such a thread long ago but this time I want it to flourish. It must not be in place of positive threads and a bit of positive duplication never hurt.

Posts should be totally positive - with no 'if onlys' or 'buts'.
    Teecee feel free to delete any that are 50/50's

I mostly only follow VIC so even with the help of my fellow Victorians we are going to cover 1/6th at best of all the positives to be found in Australian (&NZ? if TC lets us) Harness Racing

Memo: Do not forget if it deserves a thread - make it a thread
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The finish of the Cranbourne Cup showcased harness racing beautifully
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Great to see Terror To Love show us how good he really is. What about Keystone Del, he sure is the real deal.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Positives only eh? Okay, will try!

I reckon this deserves some publicity.

Well known Melbourne trots historian/journalist John Peck has put the finishing touches to a treasure trove of stats and information which will be made public soon on the HRV website.

He has researched the top five trainers, and their number of wins for each metropolitan season since 1931/1932.

The same has been done for the leading metro driver. Incredibly records for this go back to 1859/1860 when the first metropolitan meeting in Australia was conducted at Flemington Racecourse.

John is also researching results of all Victorian trotting races that have not previously been published in the several different year books that have been printed over the years (since replaced by the harness website) - a massive undertaking.

For the record, Gordon Rothacker with nine trainers titles and 14 drivers premierships heads both lists.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Positives only eh? Okay, can do!

Edited for accuracy
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    There was a small trots story on the back page of the Sunday Herald Sun today. In John Anderson's colmn.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good effort by Bankstown and HRNSW to see the opportunity and to reschedule so quickly.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Great job also to have the track in good condition after another downpour around 100pm yesterday.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Gotta love Callers/Tipsters that will go out on a limb - Rick McIntosh tipped Modern Lebron in the 5th at Bendigo last night and it got up at $25

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BNC11121402
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    How about Menin Gate at Ballarat...check out the real Menin Gate in Belgium: http://www.greatwar.co.uk/ypres-sali...menin-gate.htm

The equine Menin Gate, a gelded son of the leading US sire Somebeachsomewhere ( $25,000 US service fee) has recorded 3 imressive wins at it's last 3 starts: Bendigo last half in 54.7 or so, Maryborough 1:54.3 and last night at Ballarat 1.56.8 in the Group 3 Sires Classic. Very impressive: http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BAC13121407

+ Reply to Thread