Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: The POSITIVES only thread - no ifs or buts

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Vic Government funding upgrades to Melton

https://nationaltrotguide.com.au/vic...OEfv_dOFjMg_h0

Anybody that watched the Elitloppet would have noticed how beautiful their infield looked

I am surprised however that they are suggesting the club will be able to use the infield for marquees, children's activities and other entertainment on race days

I would have thought that without a barrier between the infield and the track that that would be a no-no on race days - maybe they are going to have an inner fence as well as pegs?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The little Iveco trucks that have replaced the old semaphore boards - we now have pre race odds as well as a super clear display
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    The little Iveco trucks that have replaced the old semaphore boards - we now have pre race odds as well as a super clear display
    They would be even more purposeful if people actually went to the track to see them Kev. I'm guessing the Kevmobile may have ventured to Stawell today?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yes I did Trev and I was surprised how many were there
    There were 4 big dining groups (10-20 people)
    One was a birthday (for the clerk of the course), one was the race sponsors and another from nearby Eventide homes and there was no doubt varying levels of interest in the trots amongst them
    But when I continued outside, I found more than 50 under the verandah before R1
    I am sure the club would take that

ps the old BEEUTE got a run as today's limo
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Brilliant work by Club Menangle to get Dr Harry doing a feature story on the Pony Trots in the latest episode of Better Homes and Gardens. You can still catch it on 7 plus. It is the shows latest episode (Season 28 Ep40). It is only 8 minutes into the show and runs for 6 minutes
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread