Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The POSITIVES only thread - no ifs or buts

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Horse owners need punters, punters don't need horse owners.
    True. They just need two flys crawling up a wall to bet on. No owners, no horses, Simple.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Horse owners need punters, punters don't need horse owners.
    I am worried the thread could be losing its 'positive only' status but then again a good debate is a positive thing.

Historically horse owners have never needed punters - they raced out of a love for competition and the pride of winning and some will always continue to do so

You are however right that punters don't need horses - a coin or two will do or maybe a couple of flies is more to your fancy Brendan?

PS great minds think alike Trev
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Well done Warragul
    Agree, they have got onto the front foot and will reap the benefits especially if they get a strong racing program together. This is a win/win for all concerned especially the charities.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    On a positive note, Lumineer returns at Maryborough today

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    On a positive note, Lumineer returns at Maryborough today
    What an impressive young horse ! 54.8 for the last half and seemed to be jogging. (or as Lachlan says...jiggy jogging)

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    "Hi everyone,

I'm also reading this trail with sadness, as we want to encourage young people to our sport. In regards to syndications, effective 1 July 2018, ASIC increased their requirements for all states for syndications. That has meant that HRV (as the lead regulator) has had to raise requirements for anyone advertising for people to join a syndicate. There are alternative approaches and I would suggest that anyone considering a syndicate to talk to HRV (Tori Glenister or John Briffa).

Hi Danny O'Brien, I would like to understand the sentence, 'The stable was not getting a fair go as far as i was concerned so I wrote to the minister of sport, the chairman of stewards and the CEO. In hindsight a silly idea.' I have no recollection of that correspondence, so can only assume that it occurred prior to Jan 2017? In any case, I'm happy for you to contact me directly if there are any ongoing concerns. In regards to the syndication, can I suggest that you/Leroy give John Briffa a call? If there are other factors influencing Leroy's decision, then I would be pleased to hear them because as I said, we want to lower the barriers to entry for young people.

Cheers, David"

I was really hoping to see a response like this in the thread which I have copied this from

I know HRV's CEO probably does not want the praise - but I think it is BLOODY FANTASTIC that he has
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I just caught up with the replays from Elmore
    Worth a look people. Good video quality and camera work (no doubt the small track helps)
    And fine calling by teenager Luke Humphrey

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...E261217&ms=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I just caught up with the replays from Elmore
    Worth a look people. Good video quality and camera work (no doubt the small track helps)
    And fine calling by teenager Luke Humphrey

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...E261217&ms=vic
    The whole day seemed to work well. I enjoyed Luke's commentating. Iy's amazing to think he's only 16, and doing a very professional job.
    Have to question the track though as many horses and drivers had difficulty with the low camber on the turns.

Have a look at the Elmore Cup.
    The leader seemed to have trouble keeping a straight path to the finish, and the consequent winner found space to get through, even without a passing lane.

+ Reply to Thread