Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The POSITIVES only thread - no ifs or buts

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Thumbs up

A full program of Metro racing at Melton tonight 8/8 races with a minimum prizemoney of $20k
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Trots Vision on Saturday night at Melton is the only way to watch the trots
    Rob Auber and Dan Mielicki do a fantastic job
    This is where you will get comprehensive analysis, race coverage and interviews of Melbourne's Metro meeting with no distractions/pollution from other codes - where the time is taken to do our code justice.
    It is free people and runs for the entire length of the meeting
    It is heaven for trots enthusiasts

https://www.thetrots.com.au/racing/live-trots-vision/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    A coup for Queensland harness racing.
    Not reported anywhere, but a superstar landed in Brisbane today and will make it her home for a couple of months. I'll leave it to you to work out her identity.

Edit: Sorry Trev but with the no Ifs or Buts rule I had to take out that it is 'bad news for Qld's fillies and mares '(who said that )
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-16-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    A coup for Queensland harness racing. And bad news for Queensland fillies and mares.

Not reported anywhere, but a superstar landed in Brisbane today and will make it her home for a couple of months. I'll leave it to you to work out her identity.
    Hmmm
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    OK. Amazing Dream.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    OK. Amazing Dream.
    Amazing Record

http://classicfamilies.net/CF/Histor...ntClass&AD=ASC
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Best filly by a long, long way this season. Stylish Memphis has to settle for second to her twice, Dr Susan couldn't get near her in NZ. They both dominated in Australia while Amazing Dream went on to win the Northern Oaks and Derby. Four Group One wins plus the $150k sales final in her past five starts. She should pick up a fillies or mares race at Albion Park, you'd think! Either that or stay in NZ and be thrown to the wolves in free for alls.

She is a little star and very charismatic to watch.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    WA now provides sectional times for each horse. Whether punters use this information I'm not sure but from a trainer's perspective, it provides a great lens into how your horse performed when coming from back in the field. MORE OF THIS!
    https://www.rwwa.com.au/harness-hub/harness-sectionals/

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    That is Very much a positive Katie
    It took me a while to get my head around metres gained. To give me a quicker picture of the race (and save me some maths) I would like it if they had a column saying how many metres each horse was off the lead at the 800m (add margin and metres gained/lost) and maybe highlight the 800 leader (the one whose margin + metres gained/lost is the same, this number is always a loss unless they led at the 800 and went onto win, in which case it will be zero)

Race 6 for GP on 11/8 is a good one for learning how to interpret the table see below

https://www.rwwa.com.au/harness-hub/...k_11082020.pdf

9th placed American Rock the death horse as he has a (1) in the column after his 800 time was actually the leader as his Margin and Metres Gained (Lost) are the same ie 20.3
    The winner Lord Rosco (who was on the pegs as he has a 0 after the 800 time) although he won by .5m and beat the bell leader (above) by 20.3m he had a gain of +.6m in the last 800 as that is how far he was off the 800 leader
    2nd placed The Black Cardinal finished stronger as he had a gain of +5.1m but he had been 5.6m (5.1 gain + 0.5 margin) off the bell leader and so was .5m off despite running 0.33 faster for the last 800
    you could say Be On Guard held on for 3rd place as he lost -2.3m in the final 800. He ended up 7.1m behind the winner so he must have been only 4.8m behind the bell leader
    Last placed Gonzo Shadow lost -10.9m in the final 800. He ended up 21.9m behind the winner so he must have only been 11m behind the bell leader

I did this to make it clearer for myself but I am not sure I have helped LOL

I am now wondering whether a table in finishing order with each individuals LT, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 (with the fastest for each split highlighted) and their posn (including width) for each split might actually suit me better as I am clearly still struggling with metres gained

ps I was up bloody early looking at this so may be there is a little sleep deprivation thrown in

WA are positively trying to help

You cannot beat the actual Video Replays (the greatest positive of this century)

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#GPC11082005
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-15-2020 at 11:02 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    I agree somewhat, a position at bell column would be helpful.
    This company actually provides this data for every state and the costs aren't exorbitant. pgdata.com.au
    If I was a punter, I'd for sure sign up for this

+ Reply to Thread