Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballarat Cup

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Lets not put 100% of the heat on the Stewart camp Kev, the Aiken stable scratched Cold Sister and 2 from the Cup too...
    Did Aiken have any runners at Wedderburn today?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    [QUOTE=teecee;39166]
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    If anyone suggested that big races may have been won unfairly - I missed it

Check out #40 (and #41)
    Sorry Tony, I quoted it for the second half without even reading it properly - will correct my post
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Interesting to read the UFO website regarding wheel to wheel space.

THE UFO SULKY HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY APPROVED FOR RACING IN AUSTRALIA ,EFFECTIVE 1ST OCTOBER 2012 and NEW ZEALAND , EFFECTIVE 16TH OCTOBER 2012
    Human Impact Testing Engineering (NSW) has advised the material used to build the UFO Sulky, is the genuine "military grade" chome moly, and this explains its unique strength, lightweight feature and flexibility.
    There are no other Import Sulkies or Australian "copies" that use this specific high grade chrome moly, exclusively. The weight saving characteristics of the UFO, combined with the straighter shaft design, minimal lateral movement, unique offset, places the UFO Sulky way ahead of all its competitors. It has the reputation of "THE FASTEST BIKE ON EARTH", and "48 world records and counting" is certainly no coincidence!
    The UFO Sulky has the widest inside wheel to wheel base on the market! The Sulky can be attached all the way in, on the bullet tips, on almost every horse, regardless of size, without concern of interference.

The sulkies in question are wider again!!!!!!!

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Go on RSN and listen to what Emma Stewart has to say. Make your own decision on Neal Conder's interview.. Seems as though he's had a few sleepless nights...
    Last edited by Smoken; 12-15-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Member Gelding Mister JayKO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stu Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Go on RSN and listen to what Emma Stewart has to say. Make your own decision on Neal Conder's interview.. Seems as though he's had a few sleepless nights...
    Having listened to all interviews, what other option did Neal Conder have? He receives an anonymous call suggesting some carts are outside the rules, tells his gear steward to measure carts on Thursday, when in duty, which he does and has no issues, so there is no reason to think there is a problem, yet when the same Steward is next rostered on and commences the same process at Ballarat, he finds carts outside the rules. The stewards have no room to move here, the carts are illegal. It's far from ideal, but I find it hard to believe that there were not six carts that could have fitted the horses affected without having them hit the struts.

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Emma Stewart clearly and directly explained the change of cart situation.
    In regards to Noel, he was unsure at times of what he was saying,he was contradicting himself, and finally,he admitted in hindsight, he would have gone about it differently. End result IMO, he stuffed up big time! Wouldn't you contact the owners of these carts just to triple check with the owners of these carts a few days before the Ballarat Cup? I mean, he thought there might be some truth/merit to these rumours which normally go unchecked, so why not check before race night? He knew about this rumour mid week last week??
    I feel sorry for the Ballarat Harness Club!

Real Name
    Stu Black
    Emma Stewart clearly and directly explained the change of cart situation.
    In regards to Noel, he was unsure at times of what he was saying,he was contradicting himself, and finally,he admitted in hindsight, he would have gone about it differently. End result IMO, he stuffed up big time! Wouldn't you contact the owners of these carts just to triple check with the owners of these carts a few days before the Ballarat Cup? I mean, he thought there might be some truth/merit to these rumours which normally go unchecked, so why not check before race night? He knew about this rumour mid week last week??
    I feel sorry for the Ballarat Harness Club!
    I feel for Ballarat as well, but there was no conspiracy here, which if you read some of the comments circulating on Saturday night along the lines of "the stewards knew" etc, clearly they didn't otherwise the situation would have been very different. 20/20 hindsight is great but the way things unfolded the stewards had no other options. I don't buy the argument that other carts could not be found, there were plenty of other legal ufo carts going around on Saturday night. I understand the set up issues, but the heat here should be on the manufacturer.

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Yep, Ballarat and over all Harness gets the shaft! I still don't understand why he wouldn't contact the owners who owned these carts, since they already know who own them? They SMS owners regarding other issues, so why not this? Do you blame
    Emma and Aiken for withdrawing there very high quality horses?

Real Name
    Stu Black
    Yep, Ballarat and over all Harness gets the shaft! I still don't understand why he wouldn't contact the owners who owned these carts, since they already know who own them? They SMS owners regarding other issues, so why not this? Do you blame
    Emma and Aiken for withdrawing there very high quality horses?
    I think he explained his position very well, everyone wants a scapegoat, but apart from performing a routine check, they had no evidence other than a tip off to suggest that they were likely to find a problem and had tested three on Thursday and found no problems with those tested. Given the explosion in new age carts, these days I think it is not likely that they knew who was using what. There are so many that all look relatively similar. They certainly don't have a register of who has what cart. 5 years ago it was either Regals or Challengers, now? Who knows?
    It is the trainers prerogative to do what they want, but I don't buy the argument that they could not have borrowed and adjusted other carts, plenty of legal ufo's or doozy' or whatever were there. The focus should be on the manufacturer who sold equipment that is clearly illegal and not what was approved by the HRA.

+ Reply to Thread