Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballarat Cup

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    They obviously didn't see it like that Kev. The outcome was a massive flop regardless. Really makes Harness Racing seem dodgy!
    I am relying on new Racing Minister Martin Pakula to keep me hanging in
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    The alien sulky was approved in july 2014 so we are looking at 4 scenarios
    1-the person doing the original measurement for HRA measured wrong and alllowed approval
    2-Ufo as a compsny got the sulky approved then changed (knowingly or unknowingly) the size
    3 - the trainers used a 3rd party to make sulky bigger
    or 4- they measured wrong last night

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    I'd be interested to know what sort of carts are used when fast working the horses that were scratched last night.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by The Escape Club View Post
    I'd be interested to know what sort of carts are used when fast working the horses that were scratched last night.
    Exactly Rob, Yet to see anyone use their good carts at home in trackwork.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Emma Stewart won a couple of races at Wedderburn today - I wonder whether these horses handled a change of sulky
    Lets not put 100% of the heat on the Stewart camp Kev, the Aiken stable scratched Cold Sister and 2 from the Cup too...

Member Gelding Mister JayKO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stu Black
    In the heat of the moment, some people can overreact, it seems like there has been a bit of that here - with dramatic consequences. There are 42 laws in the cricket rule book - the unofficial 43rd law is common sense - should be in the HRa laws as well.

Junior Member Yearling Zanzi_Bromac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Devereux
    Horses
    Time Capsule, Kimmywho
    I was at the track last night and still cant believe how it unfolded. An absolute disgrace, with no winners from this situation.

The boo when the race started was electric.

If its correct that Stewart/Aiken refused to use another sulky and opted to scratch her starters I hope the owners of the horses they scratched last night take their horses and give them to new trainers. If my horse was fav for the Ballarat cup, I would be ****** off if it was scratched so my trainer could make a protest/statement against the industry.

At the end of the day, rules are rules.
    Last edited by teecee; 12-15-2014 at 12:24 AM. Reason: At the end of the day RULES IS RULES

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    [QUOTE=Messenger;39134]If anyone suggested that big races may have been won unfairly - I missed it

Check out #40 (and #41)

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    There is a lot of bad blood on here in regards to the trainers who scratched their horses. My understanding is that these modified carts were used on these horses so as not to be striking the sulky parts during the race. That is to say the horses had difficulty racing in the standard size sulky. This is not an uncommon occurrence.
    From the trainers' perspective the issue is addressed by the use of a modified sulky. They cannot put a standard sulky on the horse and the horse run truly and / or not be injured. (My perspective as a trainer)
    From the owners' perspective as per a trainers' perspective as above. Sure, my horse couldn't race in a prestigious race but in knowing why the horse has raced in that cart previously my horse 's safety is paramount. (My perspective as an owner)
    From the punters' perspective my investment is scratched as the trainer has deemed the horse can't/ wont race truly I get my investment back. Better than it going down the gurgler even before the race is run.

From the perspective of all three parties, this situation could/ should have been handled in a not too difficult manner without negatively impacting the interests of any of the parties.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Chances are that each of the horses that were scratched had been racing in sulkies that had been adjusted ( or modified?) to suit each horses size, gait ( especially the way they spread their hind hooves when at full speed) for some time. I guess that you can't pick up the details of the sulky Guaranteed used in the Miracle Mile, Swan Hill Cup etc from the videos.

+ Reply to Thread