Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Ballarat Cup

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Not sure increasing to 1400mm will get the nod, at this stage it appears there's only about half a dozen carts involved. Besides it needing Australia wide approval and the illegal carts having an advantage, imagine if you're a trainer or driver that's just forked out for a legal new cart.
    Seems like the manufacturer of these illegal carts has a lot to answer for, more than anyone else.

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    1300mm,1400mm,1500mm,there will always be someone that will have a go at bending the rules.....to eliminate the need for the stewards to be running around measuring every sulky on the course, just have each and every club install a 40mm pipe bow made to the max legal width at the horse entry,if the sulky dos`nt fit through the bow, the sulky don`nt enter the course...as simple as that.

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    They will all be within the limit if they allow the 1400mm width rule through, so there's s great start! At least they have learnt this, we live in an age of very easy communication via-sms-email-social media-mobile phones, so trying one of these options in the future would/could save a very disappointing situation to arise.

The problem then Ange will be that one day someone will show up with a cart that is 1450mm and we'll go through this again. Keep it at 1300mm and the owners of the offending carts can take up their case with the supplier/importer/manufacturer.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by allanjg View Post
    1300mm,1400mm,1500mm,there will always be someone that will have a go at bending the rules.....to eliminate the need for the stewards to be running around measuring every sulky on the course, just have each and every club install a 40mm pipe bow made to the max legal width at the horse entry,if the sulky dos`nt fit through the bow, the sulky don`nt enter the course...as simple as that.
    I thought about that myself Allan but I thought it could an OH&S issue with a 1300mm cart having to be driven mm perfect through a 1300mm bow.
    I do not think we need to measure every cart - just measure all or most winners (like swabbing) and the fear of not getting the All Clear will see to it that trainers know how wide their carts are.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    I think Allan is referring to the horse entry, upon arriving on course, from the float car park Kev... no horse between the shafts.
    I'd say after what happened Saturday night the rule and penalty makers will make it a lock you in jail penalty if someone offended in the future. No doubt there's been plenty of trainers/drivers that have dusted off the tape measure since.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    I think Allan is referring to the horse entry, upon arriving on course, from the float car park Kev... no horse between the shafts.
    I'd say after what happened Saturday night the rule and penalty makers will make it a lock you in jail penalty if someone offended in the future. No doubt there's been plenty of trainers/drivers that have dusted off the tape measure since.
    I wondered about that too Wayne but thought it might have required too much supervision and would have required a steward on the gate or else it could be open to corruption
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Queensland might have the right idea.
    http://www.harness.org.au/news/uploa...20Dec%2014.pdf

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    I really did think of something like that too Toni but thought they would consider it too much work as after the initial work (which they say will require extra steward at first) there will still be the ongoing work of inspecting every sulky every race - not only to see the compliance tag but to see that all the criteria are still being met eg. no cracks etc since last time

I think simply adding a 1300mm fibreglass length to the stewards tools which they can place across the width of all/most winners when they return would see trainers self regulate pretty quickly out of fear of losing first prizemoney

Overall I fear we are going to see overkill for what amounts to a manufacturers mistake, when there are so many bigger issues in harness racing
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Carts measured at Melton today. Not by the gear steward.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post

That is interesting. We have sulky Warrant of Fitness checks on all sulkies every 2 years and each sulky registered with its own unique id number when first registered. Each sulky is coloured tagged when passing the test which includes safety aspects incl structural integrity and measures. Does Aust not have anything like that currently??

+ Reply to Thread