Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Horsham Review

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Horsham Review

I had a good day at Horsham but did not have a bet.
    I have never had a smart phone (deaf people are not big on phones) but today I had my new tablet with me to research the breeding and doesn't that make the time fly between races
    It was bloody hot outside but I only ventured out of the cool lounge to the back of the mini grandstand to watch each race (armed with my binoculars - a must for everywhere but the smallest of tracks)

Top class 2yo from last season Padrismio had his second 3yo start and saluted for the Gath's (and Mr Nalder) after death seating for the last lap and just holding off the fast finishing Im Supreme and leader Our Sir Ivanhoe. The connections of all three would have come away happy

And researching the breeding of these three kept me busy between races for half the program as they proved very interesting
    Padisimo may be NZ but is all american bred. Her dam LC Tricky is a full sister to the much older (1980) Turn The Tide USA who was a $860k and Jugette winner over there. There are plenty of leads to catch ones interest in this arm of the U13 family - TTT supplies enough as she is already a great, great, grandam.
    Im Supreme's dam Gigglybits, is a half sis to SA & TAS Oaks winning mare Yada Yada Yada. She went to the US and won plenty more and has stayed there. I know I researched her sometime this year (cannot forget that name) so I think someone from this family went thru a sale this year
    Our Sir Ivanhoe should be of particular interest to our Richard as he is out of Princess Cassie ( a full sister to Babi Cassie)

Little Lyn won the next. She came from the sit and got off in time like the fence horses did in the first. Makes you wonder why Horsham would be considering a sprint lane

The third wasn't much more than a 400m race with Citysneak coming from the 1x1 to blouse them - the last Q was 27.3 and a bit less for her

Always Arjay brought up a double for the Gaths in the fourth. The 3yo was driven conservatively/confidently against the older horses and just pipped them but was always going to.
    He provided plenty more breeding research/amusement for me on this wonderful tablet
    His 3rd dam is the NSW Oaks winner Tonique

Dynamite Dick won the 5th. The Stewards have adjourned an inquiry - maybe they want to know how he grew another leg (if you get my meaning) which saw the money get up

I left after that - it was not just because of the trot Ash but the heat (we had the poor dog tied up under a tree you see as the old girl takes caring for nowadays) but got home in 50min in time to see the last on Sky

What's The Big Idea's was a fantastic win in the last (only 7 today) rating just .1 secs outside the Tk Rec with a dashing front running display after working hard to get it in the 33° heat

ps The trotter broke the record in the 6th - Ash will tell you all about it
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    And how were the scones Kevin?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    LOL 2 of those ham and salad rolls which I think they source from Conways (like the potato pies which are my winter fare) and I struggle to eat tea much less scones Nathan
    (sub for full Kev emoticon)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Many there Kev?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No. I would not be surprised if there was < 50 non participants
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have been to Horsham at least annually since the last post here but I am bumping this thread as somewhere to spread a little praise

Nathan who somehow knows I am a sweet tooth (see above) would be very happy with the time Telemachus ran in winning R7

Praise to Tony Logan (Publicity and Promotions) who hosted a luncheon/talk which included pop ins by vet Dr Hargreaves and caller Rob Auber (well done by these men too)

Horsham has become an complete complex now, the extension has allowed the sportsbar to take over the old pokies room and it now houses a magnificent screen, the establishment of a bistro provides the much needed meals (not that the kiosk isn't still an excellent one) and unlike most tracks it still has the horse parade ring front and centre (I am supposing it was not utilized today because of the weather)

I was once a little harsh about Horsham being a track inside a gallops track but it isn't a bad viewing track

Next project for Terry Lewis and team is to upgrade the TV monitors in the grandstand bar - I have a bigger computer monitor and my monitor is more than 10yrs old
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread