Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sky Racing Blackout

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister JayKO View Post
    As a fan of Harold Park, when they moved to Menangle and gave up Friday nights, it really did more harm than good. I can remember when the Peace's won the metro premierships in both states by shuffling horses between both HP and Moonee Valley. As someone who frequented both places regularly I have never been to Melton and been to Menangle once and it was a soulless experience. I can't say that either move has been the filip for the sport that they promised to be. Exactly the opposite I suspect. Punters like form that they can follow, mixing it up just makes it less likely that people will retain interest. I find races at Menangle terribly boring as a spectacle, it's not all about speed.
    Spot on Stu. I have never been to Menangle but I find 90% of mile races boring. I have only only been to Melton a couple of times, dropping in for an hour on my way back home and was impressed but even though it was busy on the balmy summer evenings I was there, I suspect the crowd was nearly all Meltonites as it is too far from Melbourne
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I was interested to read that TVN actually pay Ch7 to telecast 25 meetings a year.
    I knew we would have to pay (and wish we would for a few) but it surprised me that the gallops would
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread