Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Restrepo and Abettorpunt Backmarkers for Sunday's Hamilton Cup

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Restrepo and Abettorpunt Backmarkers for Sunday's Hamilton Cup

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm...romstate=vic#7

It is an interesting looking program
    Washakie's full sis Kimama debuts in the 3yo for Peter Manning
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-14-2015 at 01:38 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly hugdon will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jim Nelson
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    have bought into a Lincoln Royal filly
    Hey Kev I see Jadahson is in the race. I thought he was recently in a claimers! Was he claimed?. I do not follow eastern states racing closely although I like checking out the breeding of the winners every so often. This years grand circuit seems a little anti climatic without Quinnie zooming down the outside or Smoken up busting someones gut as he rolls to the front. Thanks for the info you and others put here makes for interesting reading. Cheers

aussiebreno
    Yes Jadahson was in a claimer but he was not claimed. The way N Jack has been getting the away from the stand lately he is in with a red hot crack at this.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Pretty sure his price tag was 40k in that claimer so not a great surprise he wasn't claimed I would think.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    I'm somewhat bewildered that the horses on the back mark here and others of their ilk didn't make the trek west. Sunday's race is worth 25k while in Perth the prizemoney last Fri + this Fri = 650k.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Yes Brent, Not the Strongest WA Pacing Cup and as you mentioned, Horses of this ilk would give it a shake or at least have a real good chance to run into the prizemoney.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Maybe they could increase the Hamilton prizemoney - just saw an ad for it on TV and it is $15 admittance! My wife asked, "what do you get for that?"
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Maybe they could increase the Hamilton prizemoney - just saw an ad for it on TV and it is $15 admittance! My wife asked, "what do you get for that?"
    Edited this comment after Ash set me straight.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 01-15-2015 at 12:20 AM.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by hugdon View Post
    Hey Kev I see Jadahson is in the race. I thought he was recently in a claimers! Was he claimed?. I do not follow eastern states racing closely although I like checking out the breeding of the winners every so often. This years grand circuit seems a little anti climatic without Quinnie zooming down the outside or Smoken up busting someones gut as he rolls to the front. Thanks for the info you and others put here makes for interesting reading. Cheers
    Spot on Jim about this years grand circuit, what's also missing is Lance and Gary making headlines with their comments. Love or hate them they make good theatre and create interest. The trainers and drivers of the current top horses are very reserved, if and when they are interviewed.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    $15 is a bit stiff Kev, Maybe the club will put on a sausage sizzle or tea and scones, Yes my missus would ask the same question mate.
    Come on guys, $15???
    Is it a chance for any Club having their "big day" to recoup/save some money, pay some bills, get some money in the bank?
    Do you not wish to financially contribute to the sport you love? is it not fair to pay something that may go to the people who run the club, people employed by the club cooking selling food, the person who looks after the numbers distributed to the Trainers, the attendants in the carpark (if any) etc, you get the idea.
    And what do you get for $15?
    Entertainment.
    10 races to watch, a day out. Watching in the flesh, horsepower racing down the front straight, drivers yelling, atmosphere, adrenalin, a punt, some fun, admiration of for example Philadelphia Man winning at Horsham, for goodness sake if that wasnt worth $15 to be there and witness that, you need to question if you really like this sport!!!
    Why should it be free? Should everything be free? What determines why you shouldnt pay to go to any trots meeting vs a cycle meeting at a velodrome or even a local footy match?
    You pay to go watch AFL, Tennis, Flemington races etc, why shouldnt you pay to go to any trots meeting, its money that can go to the club, money that goes to track maintenance, cleaning of the toilets, painting the stables maybe every 10 years, mowing the lawn, printing racebooks to be thrown in the bin...

+ Reply to Thread