Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Restrepo and Abettorpunt Backmarkers for Sunday's Hamilton Cup

Member Filly codywinnell will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Cody Winnell
    One thing I can say about the Hamilton Pacing Cup is that the club has put in an enormous amount of effort to try and make the day a raging success.
    They have a very small, hard-working committee of about four people. They've got (love him or loathe him) Wayne Carey coming along to mingle with the crowd and hand out TAB betting vouchers and help with presentations, Jason Bonnington booked in to run the on-course punters club, Phil Holmes (south-western folk will know of his work) to provide acoustic musical entertainment, and of course a cracking card of racing highlighted by the best pacing cup field I can recall! (Restrepo, Abettorpunt, Arden Rooney, Villagem, Blucolla Tigerpie, Arber etc just to name a few).

I think everyone who goes is going to have a ripper time.

Just hope the sun comes out for all!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I do not think there will be much sun and pretty mild - maybe even cool at Hamilton. I do not think there will be any showers so a good day should be had by all.
    The Cup is at 4.58 people
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Jayson Finnis did not seem to appreciate that he needed to produce some urgency to get the Fav Royal Jacquard off the fence in the 3rd.
    Go Betweens was always drawn to beat her but a top effort to run a 27.5 first Q and still manage a 28.0 last in this class (and a smart drive by David Drury)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Was the winner in the first Dean Braun's first one back?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Restrepo easily, as easy as Maoris Idol years ago.

Apparently a big crowd.

Junior Member Weanling apexguy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tony Webb
    Horses
    Celine Castle, Stone of Destiny, Come ou
    Yes Kevin it was Dean Braun's first runner and first winner back. It trialled a couple of weeks ago at Tabcorp Park with Amanda Grieve as trainer. Don't know if any of the horses currently with Amanda Grieve will transfer over to him. I see Alan Donohue has also made a return with a starter the other week.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post

Apparently a big crowd.
    Tk Rec by Restrepo
    From the Sky coverage - it looked anything but a big crowd Kyle (unless they did not go up to the track to watch the Cup). Hamilton being such big town I would have expected more there than at Stawell but I did not see many on the grass bank
    Anyone go?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post

Apparently a big crowd.
    Restrepo WOW.
    SS 1:57.4 over 2660m 56.8 last half with a leg in the air...WOW
    Last years Ballarat Cup winner is back!
    Its almost like the Stewart stable has a new horse in it who will be a real competitor as opposed to a participant in the upcoming Group 1 races...

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Just keeps getting better Ash, Great to see Restrepo back in fine fettle and it just adds another dimension to the upcoming Big Races, How would Gavin Lang be feeling, Talk about spoilt for choice.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Tk Rec by Restrepo
    From the Sky coverage - it looked anything but a big crowd Kyle (unless they did not go up to the track to watch the Cup). Hamilton being such big town I would have expected more there than at Stawell but I did not see many on the grass bank
    Anyone go?

I read on Twitter that Dan Mielicki said it was one of the biggest Country Cup crowds he had seen - whether he means this season or overall I don't know!. I tend to agree with you Kev. Tote figures will be interesting - if the crowd is up, they will be too. I will use that as a guide.

+ Reply to Thread