Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
Come on guys, $15???
Is it a chance for any Club having their "big day" to recoup/save some money, pay some bills, get some money in the bank?
Do you not wish to financially contribute to the sport you love? is it not fair to pay something that may go to the people who run the club, people employed by the club cooking selling food, the person who looks after the numbers distributed to the Trainers, the attendants in the carpark (if any) etc, you get the idea.
And what do you get for $15?
Entertainment.
10 races to watch, a day out. Watching in the flesh, horsepower racing down the front straight, drivers yelling, atmosphere, adrenalin, a punt, some fun, admiration of for example Philadelphia Man winning at Horsham, for goodness sake if that wasnt worth $15 to be there and witness that, you need to question if you really like this sport!!!
Why should it be free? Should everything be free? What determines why you shouldnt pay to go to any trots meeting vs a cycle meeting at a velodrome or even a local footy match?
You pay to go watch AFL, Tennis, Flemington races etc, why shouldnt you pay to go to any trots meeting, its money that can go to the club, money that goes to track maintenance, cleaning of the toilets, painting the stables maybe every 10 years, mowing the lawn, printing racebooks to be thrown in the bin...
All great points Ash and now that you mention it, I retract my last statement as we all tend to forget how many people put their time and effort into a meeting like this. I've been to the trials and runarounds at Shepp a few times when I've been down and some people put on a sausage sizzle etc/ Tea and Coffee which is fantastic and I can't help myself with little things like this and always give the lovely lady a little tip. Your absolutely correct mate, $15 for live action and entertainment is very cheap.