Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Menangle on course stabling... when will construction begin?

Flashing Red

Menangle on course stabling... when will construction begin?

To all the New South Welshmen posters on here, when is construction expected to begin of the on course stabling facilities at Menangle? And when is its expected completion? I understand that prizemoney is to increase 1st July, so with those sorts of increases I was wondering if barn construction was on the horizon soon?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Flashing Red

I've been told they are hopefully going to be ready by the end of the year as there are some n.z trainers sending horses over here in the next 6wks and have found stables untill then.

Member Filly montana will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dean Shannon
    Occupation
    unemployed
    i think they expect to have it completed by june next year.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Montana

Well my info was way of the mark thanks for clearing that up.

triplev123
    G'day Troops,
    I heard somewhere around the start of the 2012/2013 Financial Year, which I'm taking to be July/August of 2012. I'll ask a couple of mates of mine today, they'd know, and I'll get back to you.

Flashing Red
    Thanks guys! It's not going to be done soon enough in my books - can't wait and so excited

triplev123
    Hey Flashing, here's the basic skinny.
    There's a plot of about 40 acres of Council owned high ground land (well above the designated 1 in 100 year flood zone) which I believe is to the Sthn end of the track.
    The land is currently out for tender & the bids of interested parties are now before Council & I understand a result is expected at before Christmas 2011.
    According to the schedule Rex & the Crew laid out at various times including the Members & Participants meeting/s at Menangle progress monies due from Mirvac become due in that period and this will allow the NSWHRC to repay $25 million to HRNSW which, in turn, allows HRNSW to pay for the construction of the Permanent Stabling etc. As with all things Council & construction wise unforeseens can pop up and so nobody really knows for sure & certain when it will all come to pass. From what I've been told looking to the latter half of 2012 is a faily reasonable target at this point. Like yourself, I can't wait to see it all fall into place. It will ultimately become one of the the greatest Harness Racing shows on Earth.

Flashing Red
    I thought that they owned a tonne of land around the track? So the stabling complex(es) will be built on council land??

triplev123
    G'day Flashing,
    They do indeed own a swag of land out there but the best/safest position for the stables is to be on that particular site, the land to the Sthn end, which is currently owned by Council but is now involved in a tender then sale process.
    You see, it's pretty flat out there as a rule as you'd probably notice and that particular (I think?) 40 acres or so features a rather significant hill, one which offers a slot that's above the 1 in 100 year flood zone designation...and so it is atop that hill where ideally wish to & will ultimately build the permanent stabling. As always, nothing is ever cut and dried but I strongly suspect dealing with the local Council out there is a vastly more business-like and infinitely more pragmatic experience than that which they suffered through during the sale of HP. Collectively they will get it done, it will be done. You can bank on it.

+ Reply to Thread