Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WA pacing Cup

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

WA pacing Cup

Gary Hall trains FIVE off the front line - gives you a fair chance of winning

Strangest thing ever is why are the first 5 races worth $14,999
    We do the 99 trick to make things look cheaper
    or in poker to make it look like you are betting a bigger stack of chips
    but in this case you want prizemoney to sound like more
    TC would have given them the extra $5 if they had asked nicely

http://www.harness.org.au/index.cfm?p=f&id=/

The $400k Cup is 11.45 AEDT
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    The threshold for Metro stakes in WA IS $15,000 so they run these heats as C penalty races with finals of $50,000 and $25,000.

I am sure connections are happy to receive a C penalty for a winning stake of $9899.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    TC would have given them the extra $5 if they had asked nicely

I have offered many times and turned down every single time.
    It's a question I have asked myself ($14999) stake. It is so prevalent over here but Ray's answer really clarifies it for me.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Chariots View Post
    The threshold for Metro stakes in WA IS $15,000 so they run these heats as C penalty races with finals of $50,000 and $25,000.

I am sure connections are happy to receive a C penalty for a winning stake of $9899.
    Logic told me it had to be something like that - thanks for clarifying it Ray. I think all the states use $14,999 as the figure - WA just seems to be good at giving maximum buck for your C races
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    as he said "that is one of the greatest races you are ever likely to see" Wow
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Rich, please tell me you followed my tip.....please!!
    Last edited by brent_L; 01-17-2015 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Spelling

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Just watched the replay and gosh was Pacific Warrior unlucky. The winner came from last I know, but imo with even luck inside the last 400 PW gets the chocolates. Great race, as Kev said, and boy were the 2nd & 3rd place getters huge.

If u wanna watch a SUPERSTAR check out the winner of the last race. Wow!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Rich, please tell me you followed my tip.....please!!
    No misread your message mate and overcome by sleep after a big day, Great tip about My Hard Copy and he paid massive, Should have had a cold shower and slipped up the Tab as I would have been all over the First 4 after thinking you were talking about Jimmy J. Well done mate and that new Games Room is sounding a little closer.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Just watched the replay and gosh was Pacific Warrior unlucky. The winner came from last I know, but imo with even luck inside the last 400 PW gets the chocolates. Great race, as Kev said, and boy were the 2nd & 3rd place getters huge. The Cup was a great spectacle!!

If u wanna watch a SUPERSTAR check out the winner of the last race. Wow!
    Beaudiene Boaz is extra smart, Pretty sure the Halls paid a bomb for him after winning on Jewels day in NZ and he'll recoup the outlay no problems, Very nice horse.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    The WA Cup was fantastic last night and if the Interdom is going to be anything like that, I'm going over for a holiday next year and already have a couple of people lined up to go. Pretty sure that Paul and Luke will be keen, Danno's interested, Wayne will be a starter and just have to convince Kev now, Come on Kev, No problems with security with both Wayne and Me on the road trip.

+ Reply to Thread