Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WA pacing Cup

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    The WA Cup was fantastic last night and if the Interdom is going to be anything like that, I'm going over for a holiday next year and already have a couple of people lined up to go. Pretty sure that Paul and Luke will be keen, Danno's interested, Wayne will be a starter and just have to convince Kev now, Come on Kev, No problems with security with both Wayne and Me on the road trip.

ssshhhh maybe we can get our better halves to shout? "A trip to the Swan Valley dear" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idzgD10APUE
    Last edited by arlington; 01-17-2015 at 12:07 PM.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Just watched the replay and gosh was Pacific Warrior unlucky. The winner came from last I know, but imo with even luck inside the last 400 PW gets the chocolates. Great race, as Kev said, and boy were the 2nd & 3rd place getters huge.

If u wanna watch a SUPERSTAR check out the winner of the last race. Wow!
    Wow !

Lewis is one of the all time greats but he laid an egg big time here. Butchered.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    Wow !

Lewis is one of the all time greats but he laid an egg big time here. Butchered.
    Butchered? Seriously?
    5f horse finding gaps but ran out of options.
    A brilliant opportunist's drive which just needed one more gap to open
    I have watched it 3 times now and cannot see any opportunity for him to get a wide run anywhere

I am thinking you are not likely to contribute to the Positives thread Bob
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Great atmosphere, great contest - Gloucester Park can still put on the show like it was years ago.

Purely coincidence too that they run such exciting, tactical, well attended races on a small track?

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Great atmosphere, great contest - Gloucester Park can still put on the show like it was years ago.

Purely coincidence too that they run such exciting, tactical, well attended races on a small track?
    Had a chuckle Kyle, It really sounded like Richard's voice was cracking up during the call, I thought, Here we good again with a Jimmy Jaques moment lol.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 01-17-2015 at 03:27 PM.

Member Filly hugdon will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jim Nelson
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    have bought into a Lincoln Royal filly
    Morning all, Last night The pacing cup was an incredible race! The effort by DH to lift under pressure when headed showed to me the makings of a good horse. I think he will come away with large chunks of the prize money if connections take him east, particularly if he leads (who knows)

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Butchered? Seriously?
    I have watched it 3 times now and cannot see any opportunity for him to get a wide run anywhere

Kev, if u have another look, there's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Lewis wins if he simply stays on the back of Our JJ leaving the straight with one to go. Instead he shoots up to fill the void left on the pegs. It's all in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Kev, if u have another look, there's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Lewis wins if he simply stays on the back of Our JJ leaving the straight with one to go. Instead he shoots up to fill the void left on the pegs. It's all in the eye of the beholder I suppose.
    If you have another look Brent, there is no way known he could have followed that - with my eyes
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    We'll just have to agree to disagree I suppose Kev. Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as a pig in ****! I grab a piece of the winner @ $41/$7 and he was no doubt a deserved winner, what with coming from last and all, but just reckon I got a tad lucky that PW didn't get the clear run.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Butchered? Seriously?

Coming down for the bell Kev, straight onto the back of Jimmy. There was ample room ?

In a knock'em down bruiser like last night, a lap out, on a horse that's bolting, Lewis 99/100 is away from the pegs. Unfortunately for connections, last night was the one.

Guilty of driving to the tote board.

As for the race last night and WA racing in general, I wax lyrical often about how great the racing is over there. It's the envy of every state, NSW and VIC in particular, who once had it, now don't.

*Unfortunately I couldn't make it there last night, I only got back from OS this morning, but I'm in Perth later this week and I'm going to GP next Friday night. If any of the forum regulars from over that way want to catch up for a drink on course, drop me a message. My shout ?

+ Reply to Thread