Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations and celebrations

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Hoping Fides wins this but I did get bit of a shock starting fave over Pat Stanley.
    Too good! Good stuff, didn't get it all his own way ....

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Congrats again to Trevor, $1.60 in that field suggests the esteem in which he is held - or how much Brendan had on him
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Congrats again to Trevor, $1.60 in that field suggests the esteem in which he is held - or how much Brendan had on him
    I would have backed Pat Stanley

Too busy doing my arse on junior drivers at Wagga.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    It definitely was not because of any money that I had on him. I don't bet !!!
    Pat Stanley went very well but Fides had a big advantage with the draw.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Congratulations to Wayne (Arlington)
    Cassiopeia wins at Shep today
    She has been a model of consistency this time in: 3rd, 2nd, 1st

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#SPB07042003
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    Well done Wayne.
    I'm thinking that the structure of Regional Racing is having a positive effect with a wide range of trainers/drivers ( and therefor owners) in the prize money.
    Thanks Kev and Noel. We're still smiling, we even smile if we win a trial these days.

I wonder, with little thought, is there a place for some type of regional racing when we've beaten covid? I don't know, like a speciality round the footy have. Or if a couple of races on a country cups program might be limited to locals/region.
    Prior to covid, no matter where you went people would say it's good to see a local win. May help participation rates as much as anything else.

edit: and a big thanks to the Shepp club and management for running the back to back meetings.
    Last edited by arlington; 04-08-2020 at 04:21 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Well done Wayne.
    I'm thinking that the structure of Regional Racing is having a positive effect with a wide range of trainers/drivers ( and therefor owners) in the prize money.
    Except when DISQUALIFIED people are driving 3/8 winners at Bendigo tonight
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge

One Thousand Four Hundred Race Meetings

It's race meeting 1400 of the Bendigo Harness Racing Club ( formerly Bendigo District Trotting Club) at Lord's Raceway tonight.

And we can't be there to blow out the candles !

Here's a snippet from the Bendigo Addy following the first meeting November 14, 1954

A total of seven races were conducted, with the fastest mile rate recorded being 2:9.80 and prizemoney ranging between 75 and 100 pounds.
    Another highlight was a record 103 pounds winning dividend paid on James Dillon in the main event. These were odds of 412/1 for two lucky 5 shilling tickets.

All the great ones..owners, trainers, drivers, and horses have competed in the estimated 11,000 plus races from Gentleman John, Richmoond Lass, Perfect Hanover, Gosh, Paleface Adios, Gammalite, Raiarmagh Pool, Popular Alm, Maoris idol, Scotch Notch, Royal Gaze, Mr Feelgood, Smoken Up...and of course the local hero Adaptor
    Last edited by Adaptor; 05-05-2020 at 08:46 PM.

aussiebreno
    It's race meeting 1400 of the Bendigo Harness Racing Club ( formerly Bendigo District Trotting Club) at Lord's Raceway tonight.

And we can't be there to blow out the candles !

Here's a snippet from the Bendigo Addy following the first meeting November 14, 1954

A total of seven races were conducted, with the fastest mile rate recorded being 2:9.80 and prizemoney ranging between 75 and 100 pounds.
    Another highlight was a record 103 pounds winning dividend paid on James Dillon in the main event. These were odds of 412/1 for two lucky 5 shilling tickets.

All the great ones..owners, trainers, drivers, and horses have competed in the estimated 11,000 plus races from Gentleman John, Richmoond Lass, Perfect Hanover, Gosh, Paleface Adio, Gammalite, Raiarmagh Pool, Popular Alm, Maoris idol, Scotch Notch, Royal Gaze, Mr Feelgood, Smoken Up...and of course the local hero Adaptor
    How great that Gosh got a mention!

A relation of his, Modern Slippa, set the 2yo 2100m WR in 2010 at Bendigo. (Since been broken)

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    And I love the James Dillon mention
    James Dillon was the son of Dillon Hall as was Gentry
    Gentry was the sire of Birdie
    Birdie was the 2nd dam of the best one we have had anything to do with - Dillon Dave
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread