Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by KTQ View Post
    Chris Lewis got his 5000th driving win NYE at Bunbury. The 5000th was on my dad's horse I'm The Best, which makes it special for my family. The name is fitting for Lewis)

Way to go Mr Lewis, a true gentleman, my favourite driver in the sport and inspiration/role model for many

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=31995

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...wa#BYB31121601

Good on you Katie, Chris is from a similar vintage as myself and I have been a fan since he stole the Interdominion Grand Final with Carclew back in the '70s...he sure has had an illustrious career in the bike, there is no one better in my humble opinion.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Good on you Katie, Chris is from a similar vintage as myself and I have been a fan since he stole the Interdominion Grand Final with Carclew back in the '70s...he sure has had an illustrious career in the bike, there is no one better in my humble opinion.
    and he's humble too. he's a great man

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Well said Katie, he is a great driver and a nice guy to go with it. Maybe a statue outside Gloucester Park !!!

Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    he needs an induction into the national hall of fame stat. Stat!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Gary Hall has won the last SEVEN WA Cups!

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...-WA-Pacing-Cup
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    There are no mugs in all of his 11 winners either Kev. He might have a few more in store yet because he will still be in the game for a few years one would imagine.

Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    it helps when you have rich owners eh. I could buy Lazarus and win the next 3. Does it make me a good trainer? or does it just mean I had a good agent...

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    I never said he was a good trainer just that he had won 11 cups and that the horses were all good ones no flukes amongst them. And both your points are valid, a lot of trainers would like even just one of his good horses. Credit must go to G. Hall Jnr as well, even though the horses he drives are very good he does put them in the best position to win and does not die wondering. I reckon they have even been surprised at how Chicago Bull has turned out

Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    no of course but it sure is easy to get winners when you've got owners willing to fork out significant money on
    your recommendation

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    That particular group of owners got the mighty Quinn a few years ago and I think that may have bankrolled them over the years. But you need that real good one to pay bills and allow you to buy the next one.A bit of luck involved.

One thing that people need to remember is that Hall, Bond ,Lilley etc come from NZ, have been associated with people in NZ for many years and have inside knowledge/contacts which does help so therefore any Australian located kiwi trainer has a distinct advantage over the normal Australian pleb who is trying to buy a decent horse for $25000. So therefore in my opinion a few kiwi trainers aren't as good as people they make them out to be, they just get better horses supplied to them.

+ Reply to Thread