Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations and celebrations

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Veteran horseman Neville Welsh has decided to retire after many years training and driving in Victoria
    Neville Welsh: trained and drove over 6 decades.
    The 2012 Gordon Rothacker Medallist, and Hall of Famer who has driven winners in every decade since 1953. Began his career driving trackwork for father Lew first at Beaufort, then Sydenham, and drove his first winner Sea Witch at Horsham, aged sixteen.
    Neville trained from a base at Sydenham ( now Watergardens) and more recently from a property in Elmore.
    His career highlights include the 1971 AG Hunter Cup: Son of Nancy and the 1974 National Drivers Invitation at the Melbourne Showgrounds on Truant Armagh. Most notable however were his record breaking premierships in 1970/71 and 1971/72 where he drove 81 and 84 winners for the season respectively.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    Neville Welsh: trained and drove over 6 decades.
    The 2012 Gordon Rothacker Medallist, and Hall of Famer who has driven winners in every decade since 1953. Began his career driving trackwork for father Lew first at Beaufort, then Sydenham, and drove his first winner Sea Witch at Horsham, aged sixteen.
    Neville trained from a base at Sydenham ( now Watergardens) and more recently from a property in Elmore.
    His career highlights include the 1971 AG Hunter Cup: Son of Nancy and the 1974 National Drivers Invitation at the Melbourne Showgrounds on Truant Armagh. Most notable however were his record breaking premierships in 1970/71 and 1971/72 where he drove 81 and 84 winners for the season respectively.
    No wonder he was my favourite driver Noel, I would have been a very impressionable teenager during those premiership seasons of his
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    "He did indeed, the little winner. I'm going to hire a PR company next year - the Aus award apparently was voted on by the media instead of by merit - I've seen Lumineer mentioned far more times on Twitter than little Jack. Because it's a bigger industry there? More big trainers? Who knows. "
    Post 267

Its not voted on by media alone. There are number of industry people who are invited to vote - not sure of the numbers or where they are located though.
    Last edited by Messenger; 09-29-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Quote Originally Posted by KTQ View Post
    He did indeed, the little winner. I'm going to hire a PR company next year - the Aus award apparently was voted on by the media instead of by merit - I've seen Lumineer mentioned far more times on Twitter than little Jack. Because it's a bigger industry there? More big trainers? Who knows.

I'll laugh if Poster Boy wins Vic 2yo Colt of the year and beats Lumineer though.

Look, I know it's unAustralian to be so sour grapes over stuff like this but we'll NEVER EVER EVER get a horse as good as him again, particularly as a hobby stable. Just want to milk all the achievement possible while it lasts and it sucks to get passed over.
    Couldn't agree more Katie. My horses are like family, especially when you breed them , rear them , go to every race start and spell them . I can look out the window now and see Poster Boy and Our Little General enjoying their well earned break.
    You can't help but become biased to your own but I thought Poster Boy should have been Aust 2 year old of the year . I am not on Twitter however the media can at times have a huge impact on a result.
    The stats for Lumineer and Poster Boy are;
    Lumineer. 5 starts 5 wins . 1.52.5 Group 1. Winner . $177,980
    Poster Boy. 10 starts 7 wins 2 seconds . $178,000. Group 1 Winner . Group 2 Winner . 2nd in Group 1 Breeders Crown.

In a later post Carole did attempt to clarify the voting procedure. However , IMO it needs to be more open and transparent. Who does vote , what are there industry positions and do they have vested interests in the outcome? Why are faceless people making a decision that is important to many of us ?
    I will be cheering for Poster Boy in the Victorian Awards and good luck with your boy Katie , we may meet in a 3 year race later in the season.

aussiebreno
    As someone emotionally removed from the situation I probably would have voted for Lumineer or Ignatius. So hard to separate the 2yos and there is no form across the states. Poster Boy, Jack Mac and Ignatius only won state based races (Yes Golden Slipper not state based but whos travelling) whereas the tiebreaker is Lumineer won a race open to multiple states. Ignatius a 2yo record time would be my next pick. Rock an ad hard place with minimal crossover form though - all very good 2yos.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Abbey Turnbull bought up her first race win tonight with Modern Lebron at Shepparton

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    and I would not be surprised if that was Laura Crossland's first training treble (she gave one drive away)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge

Bendigo Trained and Driven Horses WINNING

There have been seventeen winners: (trained, driven or trained/driven) from the Bendigo District for the past nine days.

Check out the Bendigo Harness Racing Club website: www.bhrc.com.au for the list

Shepparton
    Glenn Douglas T/D Bernie Winkle
    Mildura:
    Ellen Tormey D Shark Alert
    Charlton
    Kent Harpley T Emoji and Ludovico
    Chris Svanosion T/D Shesasundon
    Bendigo
    Glenn Douglas T/D Major Patron
    ​Dylan Marshall T Guilty Pleasure
    Echuca
    Peter Sanderson T/D Scottish Sardius
    Brian Gath T/D Winkn Nod
    Melton
    Glenn Douglas T Courtney John
    Matthew Gath T/D Ball Park
    Ballarat
    Glenn Douglas T Nickys Idol
    Maryborough
    Glenn Douglas T Major Patron
    Brad Stevens T Endsina Party
    Todd Matthews D Endsina Party
    Ivan Collison T Brochel Bow
    Glenn Douglas T/D The High Roller
    Anthony Crossland T/D Jay Pe De

The Glenn Douglas stable at Strathfiedlsaye has produced six of the seventeen wins.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Maybe he will be able to afford to clean up the asbestos pit
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    NO BETTERTIME than to win on Inter Dominion heat night