Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations and celebrations

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Congrats to Ararat driver Michael Bellman for a metro double at Melton tonight
    Somebody must have expected it as the running double was massively under at only $38

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#MXM23021808
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Tommy Hill drove his first winner at Melton last night with Warminster. The first graduate of the Melton arm of the Bendigo Harness Training Centre

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    next time I need to get one going "from Scratch" better give young Stacey a call,

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...n-at-huge-odds

fair dinkum....the younger generation are pretty good at giving themselves a wrap!

Junior Member Yearling lasse will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lasse kosklin
    I wouldn't place much credibility in the reporting when the journo calls the horse a galloper!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    next time I need to get one going "from Scratch" better give young Stacey a call,

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...n-at-huge-odds

fair dinkum....the younger generation are pretty good at giving themselves a wrap!
    LOL "it was like starting from scratch"

He was a last winner when they purchased him
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    I thought it must have been a 2yr old or an unraced horse before I read the article
    Last edited by Richard prior; 03-08-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Private Jujon first win at start 76 at Redcliffe today

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Great stuff for the owners

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    The forward thinking Goldfields Library, based in Bendigo has acquired the massive data base of over 330 PDF fully searchable pages by the amazing hisorian/researcher John Peck.

Geneologists, historians, trotting researchers, and anyone with an interest in The Trots will be able soon to access over 15,500 full trots race and show results from pre-1954, , over 200 photos, descriptions of "ghost tracks" and information about local champs including Adelaide Direct, Glideaway, Globe Derby, Grand Voyage and the "forgotten" drivers Wilkie Lea, George Daniel, Bill Tompkinson, Paddy Glasheen, and the breeders at Adelaide Hill Stud, Belmont Stud, Burnewang Park, Homebush and more.

The Bendigo Advertiser article is here:
    http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/...-online/?cs=12

UP AND RUNNING

The Trotting Annals of Bendigo and Environs, by the amazing John Peck, purchased by the Bendigo Library, are up and running.

Over 300 pages of searchable PDF, 15,500 or more race results from 1855 till 1954, 200 photos and great articles about the origins of both the Bendigo Jockey Club ( where the first trots were held) and the Sandhurst Trotting Club.
    The research section of the Bendigo Library, has 2 computers dedicated to geneology. The Trottting Annals are on both of these computers. The search is easy to use, and the Research Staff are already familiar with the resource and ready to assist. So you can find anyone who raced, trained or owned horses around Bendigo during and after the gold-rush, the horses and the results.

It's an amazing resource, and another really good reason to come to Bendigo. The Library is open till 6 on weekdays, and till 3PM on Saturdays. They have great coffee too !
    Last edited by Adaptor; 03-22-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    I just said to him 'what have you done'

Got to love this from the Melton APG fillies heats. From Blake Redden, thetrots.com.au

There are a number of moments a trainer will never forget as their career unfolds and we saw one of those at Tabcorp Park Melton on Saturday night.

Kate Hargreaves and Alex Ashwood produced the lightly raced filly Ideally Say Yes to take out a heat of the rich Australian Pacing Gold series in what was a tough win from the breeze.

It wasn't Hargreaves first win at Victorian HQ but it will be just as memorable as claiming the first race on Del-Re National A. G. Hunter Cup night last year.

The filly arrived in her heat at just her fourth start but now she heads to Sydney to take on the best fillies available in the $350,000 Group 1 final on April 28.

"We went up to the yearling sales to buy a horse and we went through the process and picked out a few we liked and we had planned on syndicating the one we bought but it didn't work out and all of the horses we had our eye on went for too much money," Hargreaves said.

"I was ready to head home, a bit disappointed we hadn't been able to purchase anything and I heard in the sale ring a filly went for $8000 and I looked around to see where Alex (Ashwood, partner) was so we could leave and he had bid on this filly.

"He thought he had brought a colt at the time but it ended up being this girl and we got her home and she didn't have the best legs and I just said to him 'what have you done'.

"We were really lucky that a few people like Shannon and Paul Nixon were willing to buy in to help us out and a few of my friends from work purchased their first share in a horse, so it's pretty exciting for everyone."

All the best to Kate and Alex with their trip to Sydney.

+ Reply to Thread